Flex reporting on open banking

Hi I noticed my flex account does not get reported on my budgeting app. Is there plans to share it via your api / open banking

Cheers

I don’t think it’s designed in the same way, as the transactions still come from your main account balance thus showing the information somewhat correctly.

Ya I just view it more like a interest free Credit card. If I make a large purchase I can pay for it over 3 months with no interest. ( Using the card number supplied.)

So was thinking it should show as one. Or maybe a loan. At the moment it does not report anything so overall I look richer then I am lol.

2 Likes

I expect at least balance to be reported via open banking. It could also report transactions as -negative amount flexed, +repayment… Like it would on a statement.

After all, it is a payment account.

In Revolut linked accounts the payments seem to show for flex just under the Monzo remit. Don’t recall having to choose it to include it.

My hello fresh is showing in the Revolut feed, though that was paid by Curve (linked to Flex).

Overall balance doesn’t show though.

Is it a payment account?

I’ve never used Flex but my understanding is you first pay for something using your main current account balance and then you later convert that transaction to a Flex transaction. I doubt this mechanism would lead to Flex being considered a distinct Payment account.

You can use the virtual flex card directly, which gives you section 75 protection, or as you mentioned, pay by current account first but you wouldn’t have the same protections.

1 Like

It has a virtual MasterCard number, Google/apple pay, and post-factum debit card transaction splitting into instalments.

To me it looks like a payment account.

However I am not sure if it is in fact Open Banking Payment account… Cause it is a credit card and one cannot really initiate openbanking cash transfer from it, or any other credit card account. But somehow credit cards elsewhere are available over open-banking.