First Direct - feedback and general chat

Me too. I thought push notifications would be the thing I really missed coming from Monzo but that’s turned out to not be the case. There was someone on a different forum noting back in Jan that the rollout would be very close after the HSBC one, but that never happened.

Personally, I’d rather they got on with fixing insights so you could track across a custom pay period. For me it’s totally useless as it stands.

Otherwise, it’s actually been a really nice experience. I’ve amazed myself in how little I’ve missed what I would’ve considered “essential” features from any Neobank - such as push notifications, instant transactions in the account, maps etc etc.

1 Like

Agree, I think something I’ve learnt from the experience of moving to FD is I like simplicity above all else!

I think better insight/spending analysis would be well received. That more than anything helps me In my day to day spending. It wasn’t until I started doing most of my weekly discretionary spending via my Starling account that I realised most of my money actually gets spent while at work in the Uni cafe! :scream: Guess I’m drink more of the crappy “coffee” they’ve been peddling than I realised! :rofl:

1 Like

Hits the nail on the head. Surely this would save FD lots of £££s as their customers would notice spurious transactions. Seems a no brainer but FD seem to think differently. They won’t be rushed on anything and whatever you say to them by way of feedback counts for nothing.

1 Like

So, I resigned up and gave them my ID, now I need to call them :rofl:

Last time I was with them, they questioned my workplace as the HQ was in Huddersfield and they questioned how I get to work, if I go everyday. just odd KYC questions

2 Likes

I really don’t understand the logic FD & HSBC have applied here. Surely it would’ve been better to use FD as a “test bed” for things like that then rolled it out to the wider network.

I’m aware that while connected they’re also totally separate, systems wise, but it’s actually ridiculous that they say something is “coming soon” for close to a year and a bit now.

I actually don’t mind whether they roll them out or not, the app is really nice and I have missed having them but I’d rather they were honest about timescales.

Generally, it will be a shame if FD just linger on and then go somewhere (which I hope they don’t as they’re actually good) but it does make you wonder if HSBC don’t really know what to do with it anymore.

Heck even FD don’t seem to know what direction to head in most of the time.

2 Likes

When you speak to FD they advise they’re separate from HSBC, however on other occasions they advise they run on the same platform as HSBC. Nothing like having you’re cake and eating it :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Indeed. Which is funny since the bank card literally says part of the HSBC group and even has the logo.

I think there’s a core group of customers they (HSBC) probably don’t want to lose so that’s why the brand continues. Would be lovely to see it do so, it’s been a pleasure to use.

1 Like

I guess HSBC has millions using their app and to keep up with the competition they needed to implement notifications etc.

First direct only recently announced 1mil use their banking app I bet more than half of those don’t care for notifications etc so it wasn’t worth the work. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.

HSBC needed to move quicker to keep customers. Assuming built on different platforms, FD is extra work not just a switch.

2 Likes

Yes I suspect that and your point around user interest is valid.

1 Like

HSBC notifications are a mess. Too spaces out and don’t look very pleasant on the eye, especially for me :sweat_smile:

So I hope FD addresses that and keeps them tidy.

2 Likes