First Direct - feedback and general chat

Yes they do, and text messages. I got several emails and texts when I recently opened an HSBC account.

3 Likes

Ah seems like it’s just fd then.

1 Like

I got a text message from fd after submitting my application last year. Message read “Thanks for your recent application to join first direct: we’re so happy to welcome you! You can access your account via our App or Online Banking straight away. Your welcome letter, card and PIN will be with you in the next 5-7 working days.”

2 Likes

Sounds like they’re getting better then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I took out a loan with first direct I digitally signed the application online and the money was in my account in 10 minutes :person_shrugging:t2: (about ten years ago)

3 Likes

I can see an option to make an easy in-app application for a personal loan, yet to open a standard (not regular saver) savings account you have to call them.

It’s all very hit and miss!

2 Likes

I’m applying to remortgage my flat next week and it looks like first direct are offering the best rate for me at the moment.

Will be interesting how their mortgage application process stacks up!

3 Likes

Took a mortgage with them the other month - best rate and allowed overpayments without a 10pc cap so a great product (fairly unique with a fixed) but they were slow, I had a mortgage offer 8 months prior with TSB which took a third of the time. It was delayed by signatures in the post & the like. Half great half naff.

5 Likes

Thanks, that is kinda what I was expecting from fd. Luckily I am starting the remortgage process around 6 months prior to my current fixed rate expiring, so can cope with a few delays!

Though my valuation (for Help to Buy purposes) has just come through and is higher than I expected, meaning Lloyds and Natwest are now cheapest (different LTV band). So I may not get to experience the fd mortgage process after all. Will see what the rates are like next week.

3 Likes