We’re just about to launch Monzo.me on iOS! There will be a blog post later this afternoon with more info about it and I’ll edit this post then.
You can also receive Monzo.me payments on Android It’s not yet built in to the app so it’s a bit more fiddly to work out:
- Make sure you’ve passed identity verification. If you’re not sure, feel free to ask through in-app chat
- Enable payments on Android (version 1.3.0, hit the red + in the bottom right and then “Send Money”)
- Refresh your feed/force close the Android app and reopen
- Take the full name you registered with Monzo — if you registered with middle names, they’ll be included
- Put that full name after monzo.me/ (eg. https://monzo.me/tristanthomas)
- You can also add a specific amount and a note to the page by adding some paramaters on to the link in the form: https://monzo.me/tristanthomas/1.54?d=Note
There are still a few oddities with the viewing of these payments on Android which we’ll be fixing in upcoming updates (eg. you see a button to send money back to the person who sent it to you (which you can’t do)). We’re also working on auto-opening the Android app from a Monzo.me link; coming .
Hope that helps Enjoy!