February Monthly Update

You need to add the 3 digit CVV code into the app or there’s no point in this change…

Starling does it…

6 Likes

That’s useful feedback - thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

While it’d be even easier to see both your full card number and your CVV within the app, that’d be less secure, and it’s easier to remember a 3-digit number than a 16-digit number! So for now, it’ll just be your card number, but we’ll let you know if this changes in the future.

9 Likes

Would it be possible to copy the long number from the screen so that we can paste them in to forms when needed?

5 Likes

What actually makes it less secure is the existence of plastic card which has both numbers on it. I don’t follow your logic/reason of not making this information available within the app which is way more secure than the plastic.

4 Likes

In the latest Android update, the viewing of your card number is live for all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The number is copyable by long pressing :sunglasses:

So it is :open_mouth:

Not very obvious though!

not on ios it isnt

Works here on iOS.

Im on testflight and doesnt work for me :thinking:

Doesn’t appear to work for me on iOS

There is no more space in my brain to remember any more of this stuff.
Pins, Logins, Passwords, Accounts, colour of first pet, first street you ever parked on, 3rd, 2nd and 18th digit of secret codes, memorable words etc.

I don’t even know my own telephone number.

#campaigntoaddthe3digits

:laughing:

2 Likes

Just write everything down on a piece of paper, laminate it and take it with you everywhere.

I’d love to sign up for these but the instructions (in the app see the Community section in the Help) don’t seem to take me anywhere?

How do I sign up for these updates?

I agree. It could be behind Face ID/fingerprint authentication. I don’t get the security angle.

1 Like

Which updates are you referring to?

Blog posts, new app features or new app releases?

The only security security angle I can think of is MasterCard rules. But this isn’t an issue for Revolut and they’re fine disclosing this information in their app. So mystery remains.

1 Like

The link above takes you here - Monzo - Make money easy - in in there it says:

To stay in the loop with the newest feature releases, exclusive Sneak Peeks and behind the scenes blog posts, sign up to the monthly Making Monzo email in your app.
Just look for ‘Sneak Peeks’ in the Community section of your Help screen.

I can’t see a ‘Community section’ when I look at the Help screen in the app.

Tap on ‘Help’, scroll to the bottom & there should be a ‘Community’ section. Tap on ‘Making Monzo’ to see the list of upcoming features and ‘Watch’ each one as preferred. My (Android beta) help display, at the bottom, looks like;

Screenshot_20190215-150149

And here’s the iOS equivalent:

1 Like