Features that aren't in any current account but you would like to see

There is niche, then there is that! :laughing:

Admit it, it’d make such a nice quality of life change. You’re excited to finally scran into a chippy on the beach, but it’s too dry.

You walk up to bossman and kindly inquire “may I please have some ketchup?”

bossman looks at you and says “alright mate that’d be 20p cheers”

you hand over your card and pay, knowing the interchange fee would take up 98% of that 20p fee so why even bother charging for it?

“Ding”

You check your phone, exasperated. “I cannot believe I am being charged for a packet of ketchup”.

Day? Ruined.
Scran? Ruined.
Hotel? Trivago.

But, the notification is not what it seems. Monzo says "no problem mate that ketchup is on us :+1: "

You go back to enjoying your scran, life is good.

10 Likes

You’re also missing something in amongst that horrific ordeal, that I consider to be the worst part, when you check your account you’ll realise you have the odd 80p in your account because it won’t round-up under £1. URGH!

1 Like

Best thing about Apple One. No more 79p iCloud subscription that won’t roundup.

Can’t recall if this is a bug or a feature tho. Don’t think anyone else with a roundups feature omits transactions below £1.

2 Likes

It was definitely intended. But, as far as I can remember, no one ever actually explained why…

1 Like

Subscription tracking, id love for the details of my phone contract to be saved in along with my monthly withdrawal.

I.e. month 7 of 12

Then maybe a notification to let me know when its the last month to start shopping around

5 Likes

Wasn’t it for card authorisation amounts? Otherwise there’d be a lot of larger amounts taken when you have say 10p temporarily taken.

2 Likes

Pretty sure other banks just silently adjust this upon settling though. I know that’s how chase does it anyway. Your cashback/roundup will change if the transaction settles at a different amount.

Here’s another one (from another topic):

Basically, let me create my own overdraft by offsetting savings or Investments against it.

2 Likes