Features that aren't in any current account but you would like to see

I’m curious about what features folk would like to see in a current account (or payments accounts generally) that aren’t on the market at the moment.

Here are a few from me to start us off:

• Rules-based transfers. Letting me send money from my current account to savings accounts when my salary lands.

• A better version of Curve, letting me spend from any accounts I hold with a provider, or any open banking accounts I’ve hooked in.

What are yours?

9 Likes

automatic salary sorter would be good

2 Likes

This would be cool, not sure I have any other thoughts on features I would want to see, most of the ones I already have cover it off

3 Likes

Sidenote: I think generally the “innovation gap” is closing fast, i.e the gap of innovation between any new features/entrants and the rest of the pack.

Are we reaching peak account features?

3 Likes

I’d love to be able to almost salary sort the balance that I have remaining at the end of the month. At the mo I can move the balance to a savings pot but it would be cool if I could programme it to split any remaining money between a loan and a couple of pots. “On pay day automatically pay half the money left on my loan and half to this savings account”

6 Likes

I believe a lot of Business Accounts have this option called ‘Account Sweeps’ which would be great if it was incorporated into Current/Personal accounts at the end of the month!! :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve seen this to move a balance to a savings account with the same provider (and I think Monzo does the same thing semi-manually if you tap a button) but I think the programmable nature (x% here, y% there) and being able to send to external accounts would be the game-changer here.

4 Likes

Confirmed as coming :soon: then eh? :smiley:

2 Likes

Features I would like to see are more options around account packages, on reflection.

For example, specifically to Monzo if the phone insurance extended out to all family, then Premium would be all I’d need.

Other connected insurance and saving options perhaps would be nice to see more of in bank accounts.

2 Likes

I swear everytime sometime says this Monzo delays a release. :joy:

6 Likes

Here’s a few from me that I would personally like:

• More control over my security. I want to allow-list retailers, and ban everyone else
  • everytime I recommend my bank online they send me £5
  • if i have to pay 20p for a packet of ketchup at the local chippy my bank covers it
11 Likes

There is niche, then there is that! :laughing:

Here’s another one from me:

• Ability to import previous accounts’ information so I can see trends* over time.

* pun kinda intended.

3 Likes

You mean you never carry a bottle, or spare sachet, with you? :thinking:
My niece carries Salad Cream :grimacing:

4 Likes

I’m going to have to Google travel sized condiments now :laughing:

1 Like

Personally one for me I would love.

• Personalised Offers for retailers that I actually shop at not the same ones for everyone.
8 Likes

On offers, I really just want them to be transparent for me.

I really liked Flux’s old Eat coffee loyalty thing: no need to do anything except pay using Monzo. Then every x coffee I’d get an immediate refund for its value. Simple, straightforward. I liked.

9 Likes

I’d like this too. It wouldn’t be my number 1 request of what I’d like to see Monzo do, but it would be pretty handy and I believe it would be a unique feature in UK current account space.

3 Likes

I’d like to be able to toggle an “I’m out shopping” mode. Monzo would then send me a notification if I’m near a shop with a retailer offer, perhaps limited to categories I have specified that I’m interested in.

It would be annoying if this behaviour was active all the time, but could be handy if I could toggle it on/off.

6 Likes