Fancy winning £222 towards your savings goals?

Is this a scam?
I’ve been told I’ve won, and have been asked to provide some detail through an odd website.

Sounds like it if you have to do it through an odd website. And the fact that the competition isn’t over yet as per the T&Cs…

Did Monzo message you through social media or the app initially?

Unfortunately I kinda fell for it before I thought about it in detail. I got a message through twitter, and followed links from there. The messages said they were from Monzo… they obviously weren’t.
I’d already given them my details before I realised what I’d done.

What detail did you provide? Hopefully nothing too sensitive :frowning:

It might have been Monzo.

Did you enter the competition? Contact in app chat and give them the website details, they should be able to confirm

They haven’t picked the winners yet (or shouldn’t have).

Oh, I thought it said by, not on. I had my fingers crossed it was a form to collect details. A legitimate one that is

Unfortunately yes… but it’s ok.

Hi @Jarvichi :wave:

Sorry to hear that you’ve been contacted by a fraudulent account. We’d recommend reaching out to ourselves through the in app chat.

You’ll be able to do this by heading to the Help section of the app and searching the term “Contacting Support”. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me a DM :pray:

1 Like

Your Twitter person needs English lessons.

Thanks for the heads up Jamie! We all make msitakes…

4 Likes

Just on the back of the idea of savings, has anyone created an IFTTT that they regret?

For instance the saving x amount each time I tweet one?

I see that potentially hitting people’s balances quite significantly :thinking:

1 Like

I think I’d regret any such things instantly so I never set them up!

I put my savings aside at the beginning of the month. Money left to spend is very tight (about £500 - tight for me anyway). If there was any room in that at all I’d save more and reduce it!

I don’t currently have one set up but I started a new pot today for a huge TV that I don’t necessarily need but want. The idea of using IFTTT to get me closer to target is definitely on my mind.

3 Likes

that’s a lot of inches.

1 Like

Big TV means less money spent at the cinema :brain:

All of them. I’ve not done a full year of any savings challenge or anything yet :rofl:

1 Like

:laughing:

What’s the furthest you’ve got @Ordog?

Great scene. Great film. Maybe a bit too much wax, but oh boy - that ark

1 Like

Not far off the end goal to be honest.

It’s mega long months like January (6 weeks since my early Christmas pay) and sometimes I have the odd month when I splurge, so I struggle for a couple of weeks.

In those weeks I’m just met daily with a wall IFTTT failed notifications every morning due to insufficient funds :sob: