Fake Website

Vodafones .xyz

Coz 1 Vodafone isn’t enough

Can you post a screenshot of what you see and that will tell us if it is paid for like @kolok suggested?

I cant im on my laptop and it says ad next to it but then says Vodafone uk
ive noticed it only shows up on Microsoft edge it don’t show up on chrome

There should be an option to report the advert, see if there’s an ‘i’ or little ∆ next to the word ad.

Yep you’re right.

The domain that is listed in the results forwards to the .xyz domain that the OP listed. When I visit the site though, my free AVG antivirus software blocks it. Don’t you have any antivirus or firewall software setup on your computer?

1 Like

yh I do have mcafee

It’s bing :-1:

Needs to be reported here: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-gb/resources/policies/report-spam-form

I’ve done it now and they claim it will be reviewed in 3-4 working days :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

thanks mate I also reported it saying there pretending to be Vodafone uk mobile

1 Like

Make sure to click the ad to cost them money

1 Like

Ordog thanks for helping me

2 Likes

No worries. Team work :raised_hands:

I can’t see them not removing the ad, so hopefully this is the end of it and nobody else falls victim to it.

2 Likes

I nearly fell victim I entered my Vodafone email login and password but have since changed the password

2 Likes

If you use the same password on any other websites make sure you change those too.

2 Likes

Wow. Interesting that a company who ‘sustainably grows flowers’ (?!?!?!) can get away with that ad header.

Haha. The fact that it forwards to a different domain makes me think that the flowers domain has been stolen or had it’s DNS changed, or the website has been hacked.

I’m too lazy to look into it any further :sleeping:

thanks anyway

Even if any part of what I said was true, there would be little to nothing that I/we could do. We’ve done the right thing in reporting the ad and I’m sure everything else will be taken care of in due course :slight_smile:

1 Like

So either Bing reacted in <35mins or there are individual issues with browser/Gateway/DNS settings on our comps - if I Bing ‘my vodafone’ with Edge, I get;

Which is the correct URL for Voda. Strange.

Is anyone using VPN’s?

No VPN here, it has gone :open_mouth:

Kudos to Bing’s reported error process :+1:

1 Like