Facebook is down, discuss!

They do but not overnight… And for those like Spotify that use it for an IDP they can’t just throw in a new solution overnight

I mean, this whole thing probably cost Facebook some pocket change. maybe a couple hundred million, to quote the Simpsons “I sure hope someone was fired for that blunder”

Kind of. BGP is the protocol that internet routers use to find each other, sort of like a GPS for network traffic. FaceBook have “lost their GPS” effectively.

(It’s obviously more complicated than that, but I don’t think that’s too far off in layman’s terms.)

1 Like

Won’t somebody think of the influencers??!

4 Likes

Oh, Helen Lovejoy

DNS is resolving for me too, but it’s anyone’s guess if bringing everything back up will take 5 mins or 5 hours.

Looks like DNS is back online

DNS records for facebook.com — NsLookup.io

I hope their servers are ready for everyone at the same time to see if it’s working

1 Like

I hope they bring up DNS, then Enterprise tools and IDP Services, before Public Facing high load services, and some of the services will need a reboot, as they will have stale external records…

1 Like

Facebook for me is now resolving, but having load issues

They also need to update their copyright

Shame, pity it can’t get shut down for good.

1 Like

Influencers then and people that can’t afford Squarespace.

1 Like

Pffft, they go for Wix if they can’t afford SquareSpace

I did have a random notification show from a like 6 hours ago so they must be somewhere close.

Yup looks like we’re back! We use Workplace and it felt incredibly retro using email :laughing: Excited to unpack all of the issues folks are going to have tomorrow :upside_down_face:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Cool bragging fact: I am one of Squarespace’s first ten public customers. I have support tickets from 2004 which are essentially back-and-forths with Anthony Casalena.

3 Likes

Couldn’t see anywhere quite right to stick this.

1 Like

Least it won’t be Facebook complaining about Apples privacy on iPhone, it’ll be Meta complaining now…

Here :wink:

Not keen on the name though. Thought it would be something more creative

1 Like