Experian Boost (now also available for Monzo)

Since nobody has shared a source for their information yet I’ll start…

Taken from: https://monzo.com/blog/2018/08/09/what-is-a-credit-score

and…

Taken from: https://monzo.com/blog/2020/11/24/big-guide-to-borrowing-and-debt

So getting caught up in perfecting your credit score AND spending money to do so wouldn’t be wise in my opinion.

Sure, use it as a guide - but as mentioned above don’t be surprised if you still get refused.

3 Likes

I think you’re mixing up Credit Score and Credit Report.

Lenders see your Credit Report. This is raw data. They do not see your Credit Score. In all likelihood they will have their own “score” for you.

4 Likes

You are right. They do calculate their own score to determine your eligibility for an application. They pull the credit report (which shows up as a hard search) and your records are reviewed by the system. The system takes the report mainly and also the credit score generated by the credit unions to derive their own scoring.

That’s true. Nothing in this world is for 100% free without any strings attached. Be it Gmail or any other free service.

Urgh.

I strongly advise that no one does this.

3 Likes

Definitely agree

1 Like

Credit reference agencies holding more personal data. What could possibly go wrong…?

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

If anything then seeing all your transactions could in turn make being accepted for credit harder. Alarm bells ringing everywhere

Done mine, I’m not arsed what they can see.

1 Like

I have closed three other topics, one new today and two from November 2020, in favour of this one

Please let me know if there are any others out there

1 Like

payments for GiffGaff, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrison… standing order to pay my rent, nothing to hide

heck, they might put a marker for not spending enough and being boring…

1 Like

There’s already a topic about this and the same tweet has been posted in there too:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out

If @Peter_G is the Poll Master, you must be in line for Search Master :joy:

Numerous times you have managed to find similar topics for new threads that OPs don’t seem to be able to find :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Literally :sweat_smile:. I’ve requested someone to close this thread :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha since I waste so much time on here I seem to have an index in my brain, so that makes it easier than using search :laughing:

1 Like

Closing this topic in favour of that kindly identified by @Ordog:

1 Like

I don’t see time wasted on here. Some really good discussions and polls sometimes