Eurovision 2022

He’s vowed to host it in Mariupol next year.

1 Like

Interesting, this says he’s said next year on Facebook, other news agencies are reporting he said ‘one day in a rebuilt Mariupol’ on instagram, which seems a bit more realistic to me, eg Eurovision win brings 'incredible happiness' to Ukraine - BBC News

Even if the war ended tomorrow, seems very unlikely Mariupol would be in a state to host Eurovision this time next year.

3 Likes

All I’ll say is everyone has always under estimated Ukraine.

Let’s see what happens. :eyes:

1 Like

Ah glad I missed the trash event :sweat_smile: one bonus to not really keeping up with live broadcasts on TV :joy:

2 Likes

Yet, you watch doctor poo! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Over 12 hours later and I’m still struggling to understand why you’d call a wolf Keith

3 Likes

It’s fine you can be called Jim if you don’t like that.

On the result; I’m not mad Ukraine won really. I don’t think in other years the song would have won though.

In my heart I’m happy Ukraine won; my head says the UK really won (second place was always going to be the “winner” in other years).

I hope we put in an effort to host. I cannot imagine Ukraine being ready to host and have that many tourists by next year.

2 Likes

No I agree although I think it would’ve been top 5, obviously people showing solidarity was what made it get the biggest televote in history.

There were a lot of very boring ballads this year, Ukraine did stand out. I wonder what would have happened if their song was totally rubbish.

Anyway, like you I’m glad they won, it’s more than just the music this year

1 Like

Oof. Powerful stuff.

I don’t begrudge Ukraine their win at all, it’s a decent song and probably would’ve performed well even without everything else going on.

2 Likes