Energy Supplier Discussion (formerly Bulb or Octopus)

(Simon Austin) #124

Just a wee reminder of my post from December - if you’re prepared to add Pure Planet to your comparison, they are almost always better value for Dual Fuel, non-Economy 7 properties.

If you are electric only, Bulb is almost always the best deal.

Obviously your own particular circumstances might be different, but sadly MonzOctopus did not really compare well in my own analysis (unless you’re a very low usage, Electric only customer).

As before, not trying to evangelise about anything - just trying to help everyone find what works for them :slight_smile:

(Splodf) #125

It was out on price for me too by about £15. I only switch in late January so I know Bulb was the cheapest.

(NM) #126

I like how Monzo has the same deal as the friend referral that Octopus has does that mean we are all friends of Monzo :joy:

(Splodf) #127

Just a sneaky way for @tom to get his referral link in. We’re probably paying his energy for the next 300 years.

(Adam) #128

:rofl:

(Nick) #129

Lucky you, they sent me an email letting me know I wouldn’t be affected!

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #130

Hmm.

My email just said that the average home would save £20. Maybe I’ve not been with them long enough.

(Emma (still not the app)) #131

Pound shop bunting. And only 1 pack

(Rob) #132

Mine said £20 a year too. I think they only reduce prices if the majority will save more than £20. It does depend on the area you live in though

(Paul) #133

Has anyone got a Bulb smart meter yet? I’m booked for an installation in April, but am interested if anyone can share a photo of the in-home display they’re supplying?

(Adam) #134

I’m getting mine this Friday, I’ll post it on here

(Adam) #135

@paulmwoods - they couldn’t fit my meter as I share a fuse with another flat in my building so they can’t switch off my electricity without their permission too.

Maybe someone else on the forum has one :blush:

(lee) #136

Is the bulb referral still £50. And how does it work, is it on the account as soon as you open or does it appear in months?

(and who has a link/wants the £50 if i sign up).

(Adam) #137

Adam has given you £50 of FREE renewable energy. To claim your free gift, sign up using this link: https://bulb.co.uk/refer/adamm4076

There you go!

If you sign up, we both get £50 credited to our accounts shortly after. When I used that link with a friend in the past it was days, not months. They credit your account rather than you getting cash.

(Richard Bairwell) #138

Mine’s https://bulb.co.uk/refer/richard6920 and if you’ve got any questions about Bulb, feel free to ask them here or in the Bulb forums where I’m quite active (same user name). I’m not associated with Bulb apart from being a customer, but I just really like their forums and community and hence have got quite knowledgeable :wink:

The £50 referral fee will be paid once your switch is complete - if you pay by Direct Debit, it’ll be credited to your Bulb account to go against future bills (or you can ask for a refund of any credit in your account), if you are on prepayment, then once you’ve topped up for the first time, you’ll get an email from Bulb once they’ve been told (usually 48 hours) and then an email to claim the money via Transferwise.

(MikeF) split this topic #139

A post was merged into an existing topic: Referral Wiki: Post/Find Here