Energy Supplier Discussion (formerly Bulb or Octopus)

For me, it’s easier to pay a flat rate across the year and budget accordingly. As long as I’m at around break-even point when each 12 months is up then that’s all I really bother about.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Referral Wiki: Post/Find Here

Just an FYI for anyone looking to switch to Bulb - they are currently running a shared £150 referral credit offer (£75 goes to each instead of their usual £50 offer) for the next 7 days.

I put a referral link in the “Referral Wiki” thread - but anyone looking to sign up may benefit from a referral than going direct for the next week.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Referral Wiki: Post/Find Here

Hi Ben, thanks for this tip and the Bulb v Octopus comparison. I’m considering switching to Bulb so if it’s okay (assume it is!) will use your link at the top of this thread. Btw do you happen to know if Bulb 100% carbon offset gas now?
Thanks
Ben

I Googled your exact question and found this article:

1 Like

oops my bad… thanks

1 Like

This new supplier has been discussed a bit in another thread, but I think this is probably a more suitable thread. Here’s a short write-up on new supplier Green:

Am I missing it, or is there no actual link on MSE to the supplier? (I know you’ve put the link in your post)

You’re right, there isn’t a link. They want you go go through their ‘cheap energy club’ instead.

I’ve been with octopus for about 6 months, and I have never been happier with any other energy supplier. The customer service is second to none, the pricing is much cheaper than what I Wass paying with previous suppliers, and thee IFTTT integration with the Agile Octopus Tarif opens up some really cool doors (for example, I Have a lamp in the living room that turns green when energy drops below a certain price so is cheaper to use, and red when it is higher and more expensive, a nice little visualiser for when I can save a bit of money.

1 Like

We are saving a lot on our energy using the below combination. Gas at its cheapest tariff. Electricity one of the cheapest.

I’d like £50 but I’m already with :octopus:

You need to put referrals in the referrals topic :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The above 2 posts :point_up_2: should be in the referrals topic

1 Like

I’ve just signed up for them, will have to wait and see what they’re like.

1 Like