Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

It’s in the same print - the Facebook action kit used is described in detail here:

“Account Kit, is at best, one-factor authentication – leveraging something you have – the mobile device. In today’s environment of privacy and security, I’m surprised this solution is as vulnerable as it is less secure than a user-id and password. Just because both of these password-free login solutions send a one-time code via SMS (a very valid side-channel for true 2FA solutions), doesn’t make them a full two-factor authenticated and secure login solution.”

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/04/12/initial-thoughts-on-facebook-s-account-kit-and-why-it-isn-t-all-that/

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I should have read more carefully. Now Facebook has a mobile number and who knows how they’ll use it to try and track me. Good thing I didn’t use my ‘real’ mobile number when signing in to Emma. :laughing: But I’ll read more carefully in the future.

@Pipefish can you send me a message in support? It’s usually in the wrong type when people change accounts’ names. I have my savings account in Current, cause I renamed it with an Italian word. :expressionless:

Regarding curve, we are having a look and doing some cleaning.

For Facebook, it’s a 2FA service like anyone else, which I think you have used to get access to many other fintech products.

1 Like

@nickh as always get in touch regarding the subscriptions, but I sense we have been chatting.

1 Like

But Facebook will store the info and start building a profile on us, even if we don’t have a Facebook account. There are presumably other SMS-verification services that don’t do this?

The only thing that Facebook knows is that user X has Emma installed. Google offers a similar service, which you have probably used in the past, same Twitter and other companies.

Regarding the profile building, it’s easier to build a profile from what you type on Google or the “like buttons” spread across 2/3 of the internet. :stuck_out_tongue: The service provided by Facebook is used by thousands of companies.

1 Like

That’s why I don’t use Google, and have filters that block the social media/share buttons. :wink:

1 Like

How often are you releasing people into the app? Been in the top 100 a couple of days now and can’t wait for access! :pray:

I think I’m getting further away from 0. I’m now at 2570 :frowning:

We didn’t send any today. The queue is a game and the position doesn’t make much difference, since we send out chunks. Just relax and don’t ping us panicking on Twitter, live chat or even by leaving a 1 star review.

The world is still spinning and if we don’t let you in and grow, we are not a company; so we don’t have any interest to keep you out. If there is a problem with the app, we need to fix, iterate, ship, invite; and then again fix, iterate, ship, invite. This is how we do things.

The last one to get the invite, we’ll be the one with the best experience he/she has ever seen. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I still don’t get this “Emma can save you up to £600 every year.”

I am not in any debt, I don’t use any overdrafts and I don’t have any ‘unnecessary’ subscriptions.

How is this possible for someone like me?

Hi Danny, Emma, at this point, is a pure banking app that lets you connect multiple services. :grin:

Hi Edo,

I was going by what your website said though

Avoid Overdrafts: Don’t have
Take Control: Don’t have any wasteful subscriptions
Pay Off Your Debt: Not in any debt
Start Saving: If I have any money left after my reckless spending (that will never change) bonus it goes in my little ones JISA and other accounts to save.

If I stumbled across your site/app and didn’t read this thread I’d fail to understand how I can save upto £600

2 Likes

First person that calls me Edo!!! :grin:

I stopped using Revolut, because I don’t travel much. It’s really difficult to build a finance product that fits 100% of the population. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking it I just don’t get it, all I see is £600 and I want it…

2 Likes

I’m not in any real debt, I have overdrafts but very rarely go into them, I have no wasteful subscriptions and I’m happy with all my providers who I chose for specific reasons (not just who’s the cheapest).

I’m ideally looking for an aggregator that isn’t patronising. I’m a grown man and don’t need help budgeting. Emma is slightly on the wrong side of this for me but so far I like it best out of the ones I’ve tried, it shows lots of promise and I like the feeling of being there from the start and having input.

I only use aggregators because I want an app where I can have all my accounts viewable in one - I also really like graphs and breakdowns and categorisation because I’m a bit sad.

Not fussed about saving £600 or whatever.

1 Like

I am like. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve joined the queue, now all it’s left is to wait!:see_no_evil:

Set up Emma today, it’s definitely in it’s early stages and lots of transactional information needs to be thought through and implemented but overall it’s a great experience so far… love having everything in one place.

Please add MBNA credit cards and Starling soon Edo! @edo1493

1 Like

The queue is a game? What does this mean? Why isn’t the queue a queue?

1 Like