Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

It’s our own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love an overview of Skiptons savings, it’s a pain to log into and I think I’ve locked myself out about 4 times since June

1 Like

Do any of the aggregators link up with Skipton at the moment? :thinking:

I love these institutions that use numeric IDs and lock you out requiring some sort of physical verification after a few tries.

I’m surprised that a mischievous hacker hasn’t just run through the number space locking thousands of people out!

2 Likes

Emma has multiple edits now;

Screenshot_20180305-154711__01

1 Like

We are running a small contest for early Starling testers. The integration is ready. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t like this “retweet to test this” but I’ve done it anyway :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You are a hero. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Some of you might be interested. Have a good day guys!

4 Likes

Emma is working well and showing Monzo pots and Starling goals. A great tool to aggregate multiple accounts!

5 Likes

Thanks, @edo1493, great to see. Now we just need my mortgage provider and I’ll have my complete finances. (Any chance of manual entry whilst you’re rolling out further integration?)

Now, the big question!

I hope you don’t mind, but I’m curious about your plan for Emma and the business model going forward. I can’t see any obvious way that you generate revenue at the moment, and I was wondering if you could give us a hint about the future direction of travel?

I see four possibilities:

1. adverts in the app (boo!)
  2. selling our data (mega boo, frown, angry face :wink:)
  3. charging for the app (hmm)
  4. moving to the marketplace / referral model (interesting…)

Anything you’re happy to share?

3 Likes

4 is the only one that makes sense, we don’t like 1-2-3. :sweat_smile:

It would be cool if Emma could start saying things like “Hey your interest rate on this loan is too high, why don’t you move to this better rate?” or “This overdraft is too expensive for you, there is a better one here.”

The use cases are many, but our end goal is to build what we call a financial advocate, and a bank can’t clearly do this, because they have their own product offerings.

We want to build the intelligence that is able to refer you to what you need.

9 Likes

Thanks for the speedy reply. :+1::smiley:

It’s this type of interaction that, for me, sets apart organisations like Emma and Monzo. So thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t like waiting in general, so I try not to make anyone wait for me. :joy:

8 Likes

I have had very positive support and very proactive responses

Well done Emma

I was being hit by a weird bug with the Monzo integration and the analytics in Emma but @edo1493 managed to get it fixed on the same day in the end :+1:. It was quite tricky to work out what was actually going on :rofl:

1 Like

@edo1493 any likelihood we will get JL Finance or tandem on the credit card list soon?

2 Likes

@edo1493 - do you have a track of a wishlist that customers keep requesting?

I’ve asked tandem about this, they don’t currently have an API that Emma can use

2 Likes

To be fair, tandem don’t really have an API that tandem can use either!

3 Likes