Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

Yes - I have the Virgin Atlantic, which bizarrely is MBNA rather than Virgin Money. Already been chatting to @edo1493 about that!

1 Like

We should have Starling, MBNA, Capital One and Ulster Bank coming next.

Barclaycard is currently under testing, full release on Wednesday. If you want to have to try it, just reach out.

5 Likes

I would love to have Nutmeg, Smile Bank (my login wouldn’t work with the Coop Bank login), Skipton Building Society, Yorkshire Bank and NS&I and my financial life with Emma will be complete.

@edo1493 is there an ETA on removing the overdraft available balance from RBS accounts in app? It looks like I have lots of spare money in my overview running balance.

Nutmeg, ratesetter, zopa, capital one and B are my desires

1 Like

That’s a long list! Thanks for sharing.

Yes, we are doing it this week. The only thing you have to do on your side is to set the overdraft in Accounts, so then we can remove it from the available balance.

We are about to release a new update with an income category and a few changes in analytics.

2 Likes

He he, you’re already covering about half of my stuff mind you so great job so far!

3 Likes

Keeping you on your toes :grin:

My overdraft is already set in app, so I’ll just await the next update. Thanks!

1 Like

I’d like my Amex charge card to appear in Emma as it gets most of my spending… it’s on the same login as my credit cards but only the credit cards show up in Emma.

Hi Edoardo! Can you get to real-time notifications In Emma?

Tesco and Virgin Money will complete my banks and make the app fully usable

1 Like

The integrations are going well and once the Starling one has completed, Emma will be the only provider who can connect to all of my accounts!

Monzo savings pots should be intergrated

Would also like to see my Post Office Credit Card which is with the bank of Ireland

Slight hiccup with getting my TSB details onboard
Being investigated by EMMA CS

Are you running EMMA

It’s also the only one that connects to all my accounts. Their initial selection of banks was really good. Every other aggregator I’ve tried always lacks just one of the ones I need.

3 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Emma VIP tickets

Just decided to give it a try as they’ve planned support for Capital One, my credit card provider; here’s my initial feedback:

• login is powered by Facebook AccountKit… really disappointing; it really isn’t that hard to make your own Monzo-style email login, with a neutral provider like Twilio for SMS verification.

• insists on a passcode or Touch ID. No thanks, if my phone is compromised I have worse things to worry about. I know you’re trying to appeal to the security theatre crowd, but please, let me opt-out (also if you’re going to boast about bank-level security - whatever that means - at least mention TLS instead of SSL which is obsolete since ages)

• importing data took several minutes from Monzo; not sure what’s going on here… I could understand it being slow with inefficient screen-scraping but Monzo’s API returns the entire transaction list in a single request.

• minor bug: the “cancel” button in the “change passcode” prompt doesn’t work, I have to use the backspace button to dismiss it.

• another minor bug: the live chat is just a web view, and it doesn’t feel native, nor does it auto-capitalize the first word like you’d expect in a proper text field.

Overall I have mixed feelings so far. It’s not yet doing anything Monzo doesn’t already do for me, besides slurping a ton of personal information for Facebook’s benefit. I will revisit once Capital One support is available but I doubt I’ll stick around for long.

1 Like

I liked the Facebook Account Kit…no faffing about with SMS codes, particularly when reception intermittent.

I like the PIN protection on the app. I can uninstall the Monzo app and just view my transactions thru this.

1 Like

Meh. I’m okay with a neutral “login with Facebook” button for those that already have Facebook and trust it, but would also like a neutral option like an email password. AccountKit doesn’t seem extremely secure either as from what I see the only thing that protects my account is SMS which can be trivially intercepted.

PIN support is fine but I’d prefer a toggle to disable it. My phone is already secure. If anything needs a PIN on my phone it’ll be my email app, and even that doesn’t have one.

2 Likes

Yep. Agree being able to use email sign up rather than Facebook is best, but I do have issues when SMS used as the signal keeps coming and going so you often get SMS codes after a validity time has expired.

While I like a PIN, the ability to turn it on and off as per user preference is best. Apps should always try and do what the user wants and not the user have to do what the app obligates.

1 Like