Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

(knows someone who knows Tom quite well) #654

I avoid twitter like the plague!

(Chinedu Umeh) #655

Any plans to integrate Tesco bank or Skipton?

(Grant MacGregor) #656

Any update on the Emma forum?

If Emma had a forum I would no longer see updates, too many places already for me to add another thing to check!

(Andre Borie) #658

E-mail notifications?

Also, off-topic but does Discourse support RSS? Could be a good solution to keep track of a large number of forums without filling up your inbox.

(Andy) #659

Yes it does. Latest posts for example is:

https://community.monzo.com/latest.rss

(Jack) #660

Any more news on Amex intergration without having to store my username and password?

Also the ability to choose not to import data from suplimentary / additional card holders on the same account :eyes: :grin:?

(Edoardo Moreni) #661

We are currently using Truelayer and happy with it. :slight_smile:

The second is a tough one, but we have seen it. There are people who use tags to filter out the additional card holders.

(Edoardo Moreni) #662

It’s too early for an Emma forum. There would be just people complaining about integrations and custom categories. :wink:

(Grant MacGregor) #663

I only asked because you mentioned in response to a previous post that a forum was coming soon.

(Edoardo Moreni) #664

If it was for me, I would do it tomorrow. :wink:

Hmm. The other things I can think of are some other prepaid cards (aside from Revolut), non-bank credit cards, more established S&S investment platforms than the ones already mentioned, and peer-to-peer lenders. But there are so many possibilities here so I’ll just wait and see what you announce. :man_shrugging:

Shame about Chip. This is the one I most wanted out of everything you don’t yet have.
I’ll message them about API.

(Edoardo Moreni) #666

Please, do message them. simon[at]getchip.uk

We are up for integrating Chip right away with an API.

(Grant MacGregor) #667

That would be a shame.

(Chinedu Umeh) #668

Just a quick suggest on the overview card would it be possible to add a third category of savings and display how much I have combined in all my savings categories? For bonus points maybe offset the amount of debt I have on credit based on how much I have in savings?

Thanks!

I see PayPal is now available. Am I right in assuming it only makes sense to connect Emma to PayPal if you store money in your PayPal account or if you use PayPal credit?

I don’t use either of these aspects of PayPal. Every time I use PayPal to pay for something my bank or credit card is immediately charged and these transactions get represented in Emma since Emma is already connected to these accounts. So it seems to me for my use case there’s no point in adding PayPal to Emma. Or am I missing something?

you are correct.

it could be useful if you leave a balance on your PayPal and use the PayPal debit card to spend it.

it could also be useful to view transactions thru your exisiting Emma app instead of via their website or downloading the PayPal app as an additional app on your phone

(Edoardo Moreni) #671

We are redesigning the app and including this. :slight_smile:

(Andy) #672

When are the new 5 integrations been released?

(Edoardo Moreni) #673

We are going to start testing our new design first via testflight and then we’ll release them all (after testing).