Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

Division of labour at work! Emma clearly has different priorities.

(Jack Biggs) #1212

Ridiculous if you ask me, I’d much rather have a fully functioning current account than a half-assed one with a budgeting app that could be done within my banking app.

The backend of a bank is insanely complex. Emma just deal with the transactions that result from this. Which is not to downplay the complexity of what Emma do, or managing the integrations with different banks, but it does not compare to building and maintaining a bank’s backend.

So if you have to do the first and the second it takes longer.

Any chance Emma can integrate with Scottish Friendly they do ISA & JISA have apps also :wink:

(Grant MacGregor) #1215

When should we expect to hear anything regarding Emma Pro?

(Grant MacGregor) #1216

Some info on future Tandem integration!

(Chatan Vekariya) #1217

scramble mode - should it ask for a pin/finger print? when descramble

(Edoardo Moreni) #1218

Hi guys,

so regarding Emma Pro, late next week, I hope.

In terms of sharing accounts, I’d love to build Emma Joint ones, where you can pick someone else phone number and decide what to share, but it’s not an imminent priority. :slight_smile:

For scramble mode, just click the red bar at the top and you are good to go.

For integrations, we talked to every Fintech, so if they are not in Emma, it means they said no or have other priorities now. In theory, we could get them all even if they don’t want to, but we don’t have the capacity to force our way in at this point.

(Edoardo Moreni) #1219

The only thing I can share about the pro is this. lol

Thanks Edoardo - so much going into the app! I really appreciate the new integrations and the predictions in particular.

I’m sure it can feel like users are always asking for “even more features”, however many you push out every week…

But did dummy/cash accounts get pushed back a bit? They would be very useful for me. :slight_smile:

(Edoardo Moreni) #1221

We finished building them today.

(Grant MacGregor) #1222

As in dummy accounts?!

excitment intensifies

(Edoardo Moreni) #1223

Yup

(Grant MacGregor) #1224

Looking for testers?

(Edoardo Moreni) #1225

Not yet. :wink:

This would make a lovely lovely Christmas present :gift:

#JustSaying :wink:

(Edoardo Moreni) #1227

Yeah, I am not sure we are delivering anything before christmas. The App Store blocks submissions between 23rd and 27th, so we don’t want to risk any mistakes. :slight_smile:

Sad face :sleepy:

(But sensible!)

(Sacha Zarb) #1229

Anyone after a VIP ticket?

(Grant MacGregor) #1230

No queue to join the app so don’t really see the need in the VIP ticket.