X (formerly Twitter) Discussion

Given Tesla’s proprietary charging system I don’t think he’s likely to go too far on the anti-competition stuff

2 Likes

Kanye now suspended (and rightly so) but now Musk is fighting his own fans because he’s not allowing “free speech”

Kanye is a very unwell person, and only Nazis could defend him posting an image of a swastika over a star of David :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Even Nick Fuentes thinks he’s gone ‘too far’ (you are supposed to thinly veil your racism apparently, not sure exactly where Fuentes’ line is but Kanye has somehow managed to cross even that)

1 Like

When someone shows you a clip with Ye speaking, and the most sensible person in the room is… Alex Jones (Infowars dude, not Welsh One Show woman)? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Any Mastodon server recommendations?

More brilliant businessing from top businessman Elon Musk:

Elon Musk’s $8 Twitter Blue subscription is coming back with phone number verification and a higher price on iOS

I can’t wait to hear it has been booted off the app store after all (you’re not supposed to surcharge).

Ware you referring to the increased price relative to the web? Surprisingly enough, Apple do allow it.

Totally worth it for security and peace of mind! :wink:

1 Like

They do? For transparency, I’ll link where I heard otherwise:

1 Like

I’ve also read anecdotally on Twitter that it’s fine.

I did literally quote “surprisingly”, so I wouldn’t at all be surprised if it wasn’t true!

1 Like

It’s a common misconception that seems to stem from an assumption that it did used to be a rule. I personally don’t recall it ever being one, and it’s something Spotify has done for many years.

But at present, it is something Twitter are certainly allowed to do, and they’ll be far from the only company who does it.

4 Likes

Think they are good as long as they don’t promote in the app that it is cheaper to buy on the web. It’s one of the App Store quirks, likely from a judgement at some point many years ago.

3 Likes

The first rule of Fight club…

1 Like

Musk being Musk again…

1 Like

Yeah if I’m paying £11 a month I want 0 ads.

Ta.

4 Likes

Yellow ticks

Which mean what?

I think it’s for the normal verification vs those who bought a blue tick.

1 Like