DPD Delivery Service

Like most I like DPD. The 1 hour time slots are really good. It’s app is very good as well. Had 1 problem with a very late delivery but this is outweighed by over 40+ positive experiences.

1 Like

I like DPD. But it mostly depends on the driver for any courier. Hermes and Yodel are probably the worst, mostly because of the drivers the seem to hire/the poor communication. I also think these drivers are expected to perform unrealistically.

I also quite like Amazon Logistics to be honest - they seem to be moving in the same direction as DPD with live tracking on a map etc. The DPD one hour time slot is incredibly useful though.

I like DPD, and don’t mind Parcel Force

It’s Hermes and the other local one that are hit and miss for me.

DPD, FexEx and UPS are the best couriers in my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

I think DPD have the best overall user experience with their live tracking.

I’ve had nothing but issues with DPD over the course of the last year, delivery drivers just leaving parcels on the front door step for anyone to come and pick up, lying and saying they’ve delivered things when they haven’t, the list goes on.

Their customer service is the worst, the in-app chat option is useless and when you get through to someone on the phone (I’ve waited 45 minutes before) you can barely get them to string a sentence together.

They announced yesterday they were stopping managing / replying to people on Twitter (which they never did all that well anyway, took 1 or 2 days to reply) so I’m hoping they are trying to focus more on their in-app chat / call centres.

Oh don’t get me started on DPD. Trying to get my iPhone was a nightmare as Vodafone use them for their deliveries.

The first time my slot was 6pm-7pm - I finished work that day at 5pm so plenty of time. Got to about 6.30pm and got a message to say they buzzed and I wasn’t in, rushed to our balcony which sees the front entrance and road into our block and nothing … no DPD or unmarked van or anything. Went straight onto the app and the picture was off the parcel not my front door.

(Bare in mind I order chicken breasts from muscle foods and they deliver by DPD no issue to me once a month)

Phoned them straight away and got some crap from them. 15 mins later the driver location shows as Dunsable at their delivery depot - so I’m assuming his shift finished and he decided to mark the last few deliveries as ‘the person wasn’t in’.

Re-arranged it and got a slot for 11.00am-Noon the next day. So I came home for work on my lunch break. Tracked him at 10.56am - said I was the next delivery and he was on the next street, so I sat in my car outside the entrance and thought I’d grab him/her save going up the lift. Got a message at 11.15am to say I wasn’t in. Called their customer service from the app and spoke to them - told them the above and they called the driver and he said he buzzed and got no answer - load of crap. I said I’m sitting outside my house right now - he isn’t here and he never came. Perhaps you missed him? Seriously?

I then called the next day as my parcel was put on hold. Arranged with the lady for it to go to a pickup shop. All sorted for next day. An hour later I get another call to say the shop wouldn’t accept it as it was a high value/high risk item. So I then said forget it I’ll come pick it up myself so drove in rush hour traffic at 5pm - 10 miles to get it myself!!

What a mess! I hate DPD!!

1 Like

Sounds like every experience I’ve ever had with them. Awful.

3 Likes

I’ve never had an issue with them EXCEPT for when they deliver iPhones to me, for some strange reason. I ordered a refurbished iPhone four years ago and they basically pretended they tried to ring me and hung up immediately because they didn’t want to drive around the university to come into the accommodation area. Complained and they did the same on Saturday so I gave up and headed down to the depot (which cost me £50 in cab care there and back :roll_eyes:). Customer service was awful too.

Same thing happened again with a different seller two years ago, they just faffed about not delivering it for days… and with my housemate at Carphone Warehouse (they used DPD too). Probably just an odd coincidence, since all other deliveries with DPD have been pretty smooth.

Ordered my item yesterday, it came today on time. On the app you can see where the driver is, he was polite and the item came in exceptional condition

I’ve never sent anything with them but I have had quite a few things delivered by them over the last 12 months. My items have always arrived on time, the driver is always friendly and its good how you can track where your item is on the day of delivery in the app so you don’t really have to sit at home all day waiting.

DPD is legendary :tada::tada::tada:

Single best courier I’ve ever used (as a receiver) DHL are in second place but the 1hr delivery slot puts DPD so high up in my books :grin:

I’ve never shipped with DPD but I have with DHL and it’s been great, never really had any problems with either courier :grin: Royal Mail are slow, parcel force are getting better, Hermes is pretty lame :sweat_smile:

1 Like