Project Imagine (PI1 banking as a platform - formerly Dozens consumer fintech)

Oh, I do like the look of that! I despise yellow, that’s now secret, but the new palette in use here really compliments their yellow branding nicely, and makes it more subdued rather than contrasted. Reminds me of the notes app in a lot of ways! I can live with a more subtle yellow branding here. It’s very aesthetically pleasing.

FAB’s don’t bother me, personally. They’re one of the Android design aspects I love and would love to see become a thing on iOS. But right now, they really don’t fit on iOS, and can look out of place.

The one aspect I’m really not keen on is the transition to a hamburger menu list, as opposed to the tabbed bar.

2 Likes

They’d had a ton of feedback that the current app is too busy - they’ve done a whole bunch of research on how to make it powerful yet calming. Just designs at the moment, but it certainly seems to be paying off…

2 Likes

Definitely going in the right direction here! I hope the bottom tabs stick around as opposed to the hamburger menu, as that’s really my only gripe. Everything else looks wonderfully polished and slick.

Heck, even their implementation of a hamburger menu is very nicely done!

2 Likes

If you get a chance, watch the video where they explain their thinking a bit more:

2 Likes

Now here’s hoping they get on and build this :soon:

3 Likes

I don’t doubt that and for the most part is does look great, but FAB is a killer for me.

Judging from the video they use Figma for the designs and Figma has some killer prototyping tools, I just hope they’ve used them and given some prototypes to both iOS and Android users to click through. Especially users that aren’t them.

Agreed, whilst the idea as a whole i think is good, their lack of place on iOS mean I don’t want them. They’ll never go mainstream on iOS unless Apple adopts them and that’s just not going to happen, for that reason it’s a platform specific ui best left on that platform IMO.

Aside to this, I just wouldn’t rely on a search tool that much anyway for it to always be given prime screen estate when there’s a not a lot of it.

2 Likes

Yeah, search would be a waste here. FABs should, as their name suggests, be exclusively actions driven. My favourite use of these in the banking world has been in relation to customer support, so you have one tap access back to your support query at any moment. Contextually aware too, so it wasn’t always present, only when you needed it. I think it was N26 that did it and it was very nice. I believe they also used FABs for transfers. Though it may well be someone else because I can’t find any screenshots now!

I think it’s those sort of contexts where they make more sense to me, and where I’d like to see them used.

1 Like

I can’t really explain why, but that design looks really dated to me and if I used Dozens it would put me off.

Perhaps it’s something about the hamburger menu leading to a trillion menu options I have to read through, and all the important info on the home screen being crammed into about a quarter of the available space.

Also, hamburger menus and FABs have no place in iOS apps so it’s lazy development Apple shouldn’t approve

Got my dozens bonds payout today. Ta very much :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How popular are these bonds, what amount does one need to bid generally to be successful? Can you have multiple bids? Also, do you need a current account with Dozens to bid?

They’ve stopped the 5% bonds now. Replacing it with a 1% savings (or maybe bonds) without the need to bid. I think that’s right, I did read it a while ago. You will need an account with dozens to take part.

2 Likes

:pensive:

But no notification - sad times! Really hoping to set big strides from dozens…

2 Likes

In what sense? Had they matured?

AFAIAA I still have 3 bonds due to mature at various points during 2022. Unless I cash them in.

I’m still receiving interest monthly.

Meanwhile, I’m still awaiting news of what the Dozens new model is going to be, going forward.

I’m not talking vast sums here, but big enough for me to not want to lose them.

Good point. There wasn’t a notification. I wonder if they’ll make v2.0 of the app or fail to move it forward? I think the concept is great, I just don’t like the look and feel of the app in its current form.

1 Like

AFAIK, they’re in the middle of securing funding for the next big push, so :crossed_fingers:

But yeah, there is a lot they could improve in the app. Some things, like lack of notifications for bonds and ISA/GIA segregation, have been lacking since day one

1 Like

I’ve just noticed that you can only search or look back at the last 3 months transactions. Whilst this is commonplace with some incumbents - I’d rather this be improved for a fintech app.

1 Like

Being a bit cynical, I think they maybe want you to forget and leave the money in there.

Mine also matured and no email or notification

1 Like

Could be right. I set a reminder :wink:

1 Like

I guess they are still working on new notifications though now they are no longer issuing new bonds I suspect one for maturing bonds is less of a priority.

Perhaps the others are coming with the next version of the app…?

1 Like