Project Imagine (PI1 banking as a platform - formerly Dozens consumer fintech)

Awesome, signing up now.

As I say I can only see it on their Instagram (had a quick look on FSCS website and couldnā€™t see it there) - but this could be because they havenā€™t gone ā€˜liveā€™ yet or are doing so piecemeal.

1 Like

Follow Up: they are FCA Protected and therefore under the FSCS website:

ā€œThe FSCS protects savings up to Ā£85,000 with all banks, building societies and credit unions that are authorised by the PRA and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This applies to individuals and small businesses.ā€

So yeah, should be fine :grinning:

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to look!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t aware the 5% savings account with them was now openā€¦

Does signing up now mean you loose your waitlist bonus?

3 Likes

This is what Iā€™m unsure on! I joined the waiting list in late November/ Early December but havenā€™t heard anything but you can now join via the App - I think iā€™m just going to wait until they get back to me - I saw somewhere that they are planning to roll this out soon!

1 Like

Anyone know if there is a minimum amount of account activity I have to do? I donā€™t want to put money in there to save, then have it close :frowning:

Thanks

I may be missing something really obvious but how have some people been holding accounts with them for a period of time? - I thought they were just in the sign up process

2 Likes

Oh so if i signup through the app I wont get the Ā£10 bonus?

Tried to last night but failed at the scan stage, it doesnt wouldnt identify my passport in whatever light i put it in.

really interesting question @o99. We are about to publish the full details of our bond on our website. Yes, the bonds will be listed, but listing is only relevant if you want to sell-on your bonds on the open market (what is called ā€œsecondary tradingā€) rather than dealing directly with Project Imagine/dozens. If you are dealing directly with PI/dozens then you can buy/sell your bonds at Ā£100 (so no price fluctuation), and yes you will then get 5% p.a. with interest paid monthly

We will be offering the bonus payment to those who create accounts and whose email was on the waitlist at any stage. You do no need to wait for an invitation via the waitlist to download the app.

If you happen to have downloaded the app already but never found yourself on the waitlist then ā€¦ get on the waitlist QUICK! When that closes, which is imminent, this particular offer will close.

Yes, that is possible, of course. We want to help everyone save. Of course we believe that our integrated offering works best when used to its fullest (so, tracking spending in order to budget and save), but there is no ā€˜usageā€™ requirement in the account in order to take part in any savings products.

Not quite yet. I think there was a reply above to a much earlier previous post that was not about dozens which may have confused matters.

See my comment above - if you are on the waitlist, this is what we will refer to. There is no special download link - anyone can download and install the app, and go through the application, at any stage.

(BTW, you probably realise this, but if you do download the app now, donā€™t forget to keep it updated as we are adding in fixes on a regular basis based on the testersā€™ feedback. That way, if you happen to get an invite code you will be ready to go!)

12 Likes

Thanks for that information @rob_dozens

Are you aware if dozens performs a soft or hard credit check upon signup and if so which one?

Many thanks

1 Like

Thank you, I look forward to the full details. The main thing I am left wondering is if there is no price fluctuation and the 5% is guaranteed, where is the risk?

I assume there must be risk to offer rates that high. Furthermore, your website carries the warning - ā€œWhen investing in a strategy, please be aware that the value of your investment may go down as well as upā€

5 Likes

@o99 More interesting questions.

I think the best thing will be if we post our more detailed information (weā€™re waiting for an update to our blog pages) and then we discuss these questions on our own community space, but I do have answers that I trust you will like :slight_smile:

Thanks Jack - yes, we do perform a soft credit check and this will currently appear as ā€˜onfido limitedā€™ on a credit report (in case you were wondering who this was), but we will hopefully be changing that reference so future customers will know why this has appeared.

This is not a check that affects your score or history in any way, but it does show as an ā€œinquiry against your reportā€ that might visible to you but not other companies.

2 Likes

Happy to wait.
Where is your blog? I canā€™t find it.

Thatā€™s part of the update :wink:

Weā€™re making tweaks to the dozens site and more news and a blog will be added shortly - but the community is always, and already, there for any more detailed discussions

3 Likes

Is anyone else having an issue signing up? Iā€™m getting Dozens Error Error 500 when I type my mobile number in :pensive:

Thanks for the note @JustJordds

The app (on both platforms) is being updated so there are issues with logging in at the moment. I hope this will be finished shortly and you will be able to log in to sign up again shortly.

Podcast with founder is insightful - looking forward to rollout even more now:

4 Likes

Really enjoyed that. Very insightful indeed.

I think Dozens may even emerge as Monzos real contender.

7 Likes

Early days but certainly more promising than Viola Black!

11 Likes