Project Imagine (PI1 banking as a platform - formerly Dozens consumer fintech)

:soon:

On a more serious note, not sure. I think theyā€™re trying to get more people into the app, as well as waiting a little on crowdfunding first.

They are also siphoning off some of the Ā£1m issuance for crowdfunding investors, so it could be a little while yet to allow them to be on-boarded and card sent etc.

2 Likes

According to @rob_dozensā€™s post below from a few days ago, it should be as early as this week.

I did see that as I am on the Dozens forum - however, following how well the crowdfunding went and Dozensā€™ intentions in splitting off some of this to allow for investors to bid (i.e. will need time to get them on boarded as well as the rest of the waitlist) I think it may be a little later than this week - however I could be completely wrong!

2 Likes

Hey, here they are :slight_smile:

Aritra, Dozens founder will be speaking at our event on October 1st. Enter code Monzo for a 50% discount :slight_smile:

Book below:

1 Like

This will probably be unpopular opinion, but I end up canceling my investment. I had a look at Monzoā€™s first crowdfunding raise, which was well prepared, with plan for years ahead and strong team behind it.

Dozens feels rushed. Launched only last month. I donā€™t find the number of current userā€™s impressive as there were ads all over tube. I would imagine most people downloaded the app because of promise of 5% return. Since they will issue only Ā£500k in the bonds and currently have 5k users. Thats average Ā£100 per user. Not really what was promised on the ads. If it sounds too good to be true, it is :slight_smile:

The numbers on the pitch are also way too optimistic, with missing information how much it costs to acquire customers, whatā€™s their burn rate, when is the next raiseā€¦

Monzoā€™s first pitch for reference

Can Dozens deliver? I donā€™t know but I donā€™t like to invest only based on FOMO.

5 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware of this? Where did you find this figure?

The March issuance will be Ā£1m so Iā€™m unsure as to where you got this information from?

3 Likes

Dozens have allocated Ā£7 Million for the 5% bonds so I think you have some mis-information hereā€¦

As for the number of users they are a new offering and as such have controlled the initial launch numbers deliberately to ensure they can scale the offering and ensure initial issues can be resolved quickly. As for the tube adā€™s - yes there is some debate in the value of such a strong marketing campaign while the app is not so widely available and the onboarding is at a controlled paceā€¦ personally I dont think you can argue that brand building is a vital part of any product/service launch and has done a great job of increasing the user numbers and bringing people into the discussion of what the offering isā€¦

Also CAC (Customer acquisition cost) has been detailed in their investor documents along with growth plans and scaling plans over the next 2-3 years.

1 Like

If you were/are going to invest purely based off FOMO, I am glad that you removed your investment. You really shouldnā€™t be basing your investment decisions off that(either with Dozens or otherwise) as your investment can become too emotional
For context I invested in Dozens as I have spare capital that I know I can risk(and risk losing all of it)((Same with my Monzo investment))

3 Likes

Just the fact that I have been waiting for three weeks now for my application to be reviewed after failing auto-verification would be enough put me off.

Dozens have experienced some early teething issues (as expected with any startup) but Iā€™ve found their customer service to be of a really high standard. Hopefully they can sort out the issue with your application soon.

1 Like

Have you gone through verification at all? Or is it still stalled? What was the last Dozens said?

Yes, it failed as automatic verification often does. Dozens have said, to paraphrase, ā€œweā€™re busy, weā€™ll get to you eventuallyā€. I didnā€™t expect to still be waitng after three weeks though.

Oh thatā€™s a shame - Iā€™d advise either chasing for a response or maybe raising it over on their community forum? From what Iā€™ve seen theyā€™re making their way through the waitlist and app waiting list now so maybe they can get it turned round for you.

Yes, it was explained that after verification Iā€™d need to wait for an invite and thatā€™s fair enough. Iā€™ve had a private message now so Iā€™ll respond and fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I have to admit I was waiting for about a week for this but knowing that there is a massive queue ahead of me wasnā€™t too fussed.

I expected around a week but three weeks was starting to look as if something was amiss, whether it was application lost or not enough staff or something else.

I think it has been extremely busy over at Dozens, the launch, on-boarding customers, Bonds issuance and then the Crowdfund.

I hope they get back to you but I do sympathise that it hasnā€™t been the smoothest journey

Iā€™ve been contacted by Rob so I think it will be sorted out. I donā€™t mind waiting if I have an idea of how long it might take.