Project Imagine (PI1 banking as a platform - formerly Dozens consumer fintech)

No, but I went to Bridport last Thursday :grinning: that was invigorating. I left Londinium years ago for the quieter life.

Seriously though, very much looking forward to the Dozens launch - and of course an invitation to join you.

R-

1 Like

Same happened to me :confused:

surely that’s a good thing? You’ve moved to the final stage - you are simply waiting for the invitation code now :slight_smile:

Hi Rob,

I put a message over on the Dozens forum (same username) but I’m not sure if you’ve seen it yet. I submitted my documents on Friday but they’re still showing as being checked/verified. Is that normal or has my app got stuck somewhere?

Absolutely!! Any idea on a timescale for the code?

Looping in @rob_dozens :

I’m in the same situation (but not signed up to the forum yet), submitted around 3.30pm on Friday it’s now Wednesday at 11.45am and the app is still saying ‘It takes a few minutes’…

1 Like

Loads of you asked, here and elsewhere, so I thought I might point out that we’ve posted some answers to many of your great questions.

Our 5% bonds – Everything you want to know.

13 Likes

Am I going crazy from overwork or should this

You cannot just sell 10 bonds to us, you must sell all 50 bonds back to us at once.

Be this

You cannot just sell 40 bonds to us, you must sell all 50 bonds back to us at once.

Doesn’t really matter the general outcome is the same?

You can’t sell part of a bulk purchase?

5 Likes

In the context of the example, it’s incorrect, I think.

No. In the example the customer has 50 bonds
50 bonds = £5,000

The customer later needs £1,000
£1,000 = £5,000 ÷ 5

And in number of bonds
50 ÷ 5 = 10

The numbers in the example are correct.

3 Likes

Ah, because the “£1000” is £1000 in cash not bonds - got it.
Overworked.
I read it as “customer only needs £1000 in bonds”, so needs to sell 40 bonds.

1 Like

Hi

Launching the app gives me this screen. Can you explain the reference to my debit card and current account? What are they - and in what sense are you preparing them?

Just so’s I know…

1 Like

Hi Graham

We are building and testing the infrastructure and the app that will enable you to use a card and carry out, track and rate transactions, so in that sense we are “preparing” your account. While we do that, there is a queuing system and you see this message.

When we are are confident that all will be well, we will send you an activation code. It is only when you click on that, that an account will exist in your name and that a card will be printed and sent to you.

Some codes are going out this week and then there will be further invitations in early February.

Hope that clarifies it?

3 Likes

It does, indeed, thanks Rob.

1 Like

This week sounds good!

Feedback: I don’t like that it says ‘Hi FIRSTNAME SECONDNAME’

1. I very rarely use my second name.
  2. Why block capitals?
1 Like

Mine just her my first name. Properly capitalised. :thinking:

Mine was HI MISS EMMA. Why did I get a title but men don’t seem to have?

3 Likes

Yes, it might have looked better for the queuing screen

The truth is that it comes from the OCR (which we use to avoid having to re-type) as most official documents use capital letters (as will the eventual card) and no further formatting was applied at this stage.

This is just for the temporary queuing screen which, all being well, will be history fairly soon.

2 Likes