Project Imagine (PI1 banking as a platform - formerly Dozens consumer fintech)

When you open the app after your documents have been reviewed and approved, it will state your position in the queue

1 Like

When you open the app, it tells you your position

1 Like

Interestingly (to some, maybe), my initial application was declined, and I just left it there.

Since the app update, it now gives me my position in the queue (I havenā€™t re submitted or anything).

Ah, Iā€™m still in the verifying your identity stage - so by sounds of things a step before it tells me where I am in the queue.

1 Like

Heh, interestingā€¦ maybe someone took a second look at your application and gave it the ok or something? :smiley:

Yeah, when I spoke to @rob_dozens, he said there was likely no issue - It was just a few teething problems with the verification (something I see a lot of other people have also had).

Nice that itā€™s all coming together.

The queue screen looks nice! :joy:

4 Likes

I forgot to update, my passport was accepted, I emailed them to robā€¦

1 Like

Any ideas when it will be launching?

Curious were you just asked to send via a normal email or did they use any kind of encryption/secure email service?

3 Likes

No, I just got an email from rob, to email him and compliance pic of my passportā€¦which I didā€¦just normal email, I used my gmail

2 Likes

same problemā€¦Rob sent me an email explaning the situationā€¦they recently updated the appā€¦still waiting :smirk:

Yeah also had problems getting my passport verified.

Decided to give up and just wait till proper launch and hope these issues are resolved

Have you re checked the app since it updated?

I had the same passport problems, but after the update, it put me in the queue.

Yesā€¦same messageā€¦they are doing checking my informationā€¦and they will back to me asap

Yes unfortunately same issue. Just doesnā€™t seem to pick it up, tried many different rooms/lighting combos

1 Like

Iā€™m in the queue! Really excited to try it out.

I listened to the podcast and I have to say, first of all, how impressed I was by Aritraā€™s vision for Project Imagine and his knowledge, which really shows through his answers. It made me feel really confident about putting savings into a dozens account.

Some things in particular stood out for me, which I donā€™t think currently come across successfully from the information on their website and could possibly help people understand their vision better (I appreciate the conversation covered a wider perspective than the dozens app itself and that the website might still be in early stages, but still):

• the spender / savers / investor trajectory as a way to see their audience, and for people to see their own relationship with money
  • the difference between an app that ultimately just offers spending analysis, and one which actively helps you budget
  • how they can offer such high interest and how this is sustainable ā€“ I wish the website would elaborate more on this in particular.
6 Likes

Yes, itā€™s kind of ā€œoh, by the way, 5%ā€, and it seems a bit unbelievable. Then the podcast reveals that the whole entire company is structured around providing new savings/investments products and their whole purpose is to help people save.

Iā€™m gung-ho and signed up anyway, but Iā€™m sure others would be more cautious without an explanation. I think thatā€™s coming though.

2 Likes

Is Dozens FSCS protected? Iā€™m considering consolidating and putting all my savings into Dozensā€¦

Itā€™s not a bank yet, so I donā€™t think so. I think theyā€™re running a ring fenced account for bond deposits though, to build trust for the first year or so.

1 Like

Morning folks!

My apologies, but this forum stopped alerting me to replies for some reason so I missed the most recent discussions.

Yes, our savings and investment offers will have FSCS protections but the current accounts are e-money accounts and therefore do not require it (as you all probably know). The details of these protections are best discussed on our site.

that is also true, which gives you even more security when you purchase bonds at this stage in our development - again, the specifics of how this is structured will be in the material we put on our own site

Indeed. Thanks for putting it so succinctly.

I totally accept your comments and thank you for this really great presentation. All the updates (to app, site, community, social media, etc.) have to try to stay synchronised, so we will refresh our site to add more detail about various new developments now that we can publish the details.

We are SO grateful for the input from the hundreds of users who have gone through the application process in the last 4-5 days. Most were straightforward but there were a couple of journeys that have caused delays and we have started fixing these. We are still working through the backlog of some verification checks, and we apologise to those affected for the delay.

Thanks to all this input the new process is even more slick and weā€™ve already been able to push updates to the app stores with some fixes, so those who try now will hopefully have fewer issues.

On a different note, has anyone commuted through London Bridge, Canary Wharf and several other key stations and noticed a golden glow recently?

8 Likes