Don't go, coral card! 😍

I came across a post from the Mondo blog from October last year that had a .gif of a card design on it:

This just confused me. I mean yeah, I love the coral coloured card I have now! But for some reason, I really like that alternative design. What do we think? I guess I just think that design fits in with the general Mondo brand identity better than the coral one.

If they could somehow mix that design with the coral one (I kinda like getting the comments on the card colour from shop assistants :joy:)…then maybe that would be a winner?

30 Likes

I much prefer this design to the coral design. Sure the coral really attracts attention but I must say I love that navy blue colour

6 Likes

This is probably the release (non alpha beta) card?

I would like the option of keeping the coral card. I like the colour! It can be a talking point. I know my pink backed smile card was always a conversation starter.

5 Likes

I’m split on if I prefer the hot coral or this card design! :anguished:

3 Likes

I was a bit skeptical about the hot coral card beforehand, but after having used it a couple of times and received a lot of positive noise I think it should stay! Definitely a good conversation starter.

1 Like

Can we have both options. This would solve the second account identical card issue

4 Likes

I do like the current design, it stands out so I can’t forget it again, and I’ve had a few comments about it to :wink:.

Saying that … the design from the gif is more sleek and inline with the house style of how I see the Mondo app at the moment - and has the current logo :mondo:. Maybe once Mondo is a fully licenced bank the navy blue could be the default with the option to have a coral pink if you’d like.

I keep looking at the gif and I keep thinking its like a world map in poker dot form :smile:.

2 Likes

I like the hot coral - such a talking point and different from the usual muted colours of other banks. Saying that I do like this design as well!

1 Like

I really love my Alpha card! :mondo: and alway is a talking point! :+1: However i don’t dislike the above gif version and as others have mention it fits well with the brand :smile: maybe a mixture of both front like the above and the back that lovely :heart_eyes: hot :fire: coral colour show its roots and where it comes from.

1 Like

I agree :slight_smile: this design in hot coral would be nice.

1 Like

Coral is hot. :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s different. I would like an option maybe?

1 Like

Well, this is a really interesting topic that even for us here at Mondo is full of uncertainties. So this thread definitely help us to make decisions.

When we designed the first hot-coral card we were looking for something that would scream “alpha”. We wanted a colour so unique and bright that could work as a conversation starter and at the same time evoke that the card was a test. Same idea as the electric Mercedes SLS.

At the same time we were trying to keep the Mondo brand as Dharma as possible while hiring a graphic designer, so it kind of made sense to have a bright crazy card in contrast with how conservative the app was at that time.

Months later, by the time @sam designed our mark and picked the colours we explored a more “on brand” approach to the card. That’s the GIF that opens this thread.

What we weren’t expecting is that by the time we launched the “beta”, people were SO MUCH in love with the hot coral cards that it would be stupid not to stick with them, so we started introducing the card in some elements of our interface and embracing the card as part of our brand while in the back of our minds we thought “well, the same reasons we used for alpha apply for beta”.

So by the time we launch as a full bank (no “beta” or “alpha”) we’ll need to decide and design new cards. Will those cards be hot coral or not? It’s still too soon to tell :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Thanks Hugo, fascinating insight as always. I really love the hot coral colour and would be sad if we lost it for a ‘boring’ colour once the bank goes live.

9 Likes

I’d like to see cards in the same colour as the :mondo: logo, we’ve got the hot neon, just need the other 3.

But I do like the gif.

7 Likes

I was just about to suggest this but @Dunsford beat me to it by 11mins , offer the 4 colours of the Mondo logo so users have a choice :slight_smile: I think they would all look pretty funky :slight_smile:

1 Like

this new navy design on the front and, for contrast, keep the coral on the back?

2 Likes

There are two sides, maybe one side can be printed coral, the front this new flat black?

1 Like

The dark blue, on-brand card does look very smart! I still like the hot coral, maybe we’ll get a choice? This is a forum after all!

I’d love to just see what @Dunsford suggested, where you just get a choice. I’d personally definitely stay with the hot coral, love it. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

nobody has ever commented on a bank card I have ever had EXCEPT for the hot pink / coral mondo card.

I think it has the glamour and, while in beta perhaps, elite private club status of a Centurion card :wink:

Pink has to stay. Either you can be elitist and make it an option only for beta members at full launch or it can be offered up for everyone, but please please don’t get rid of the colour.

9 Likes