Does anyone else feel uncomfortable calling their legacy bank?

I hated getting a mortgage with my legacy bank as we were using a deal that we only get as we have their packaged account and we just pay the fee and use it for nothing else :joy:

You could hear the guys voice as we went through the application and him going “well we would normally take these figures straight from your current account but you don’t appear to use it”

3 Likes

That’s funny actually!

I use my Lloyds account for very simular. Their algorithms have figured out I don’t use it because a “switch to us” button appeared on my internet banking

2 Likes

well we would normally take these figures straight from your current account but you don’t appear to use it

Good opportunity to say why you don’t use it and what you use instead. :wink:

Is this the first direct system? It would be good if so! Not a massive fan of these systems though, I only agreed to it because I felt pressured

Haha I had to say I used Monzo as had to provide statement and I could almost hear the eye roll

1 Like

Could be because it’s not their first time someone is mentioning Monzo. :wink:

1 Like

I hate the HSBC phone system, it’s quite quick if you’re resetting the passkey stuff after a new phone / reset, otherwise its a faff.

Just got off the phone with CaptialOne after a 0% balance transfer, kept getting a recording message telling me I can do it online. They’ve updated the website and it doesn’t have balance transfers, so now you have to do it over the phone…

What do you find a faff? After voiceID I just press 2 to speak to an associate and it connects almost immediately.

1 Like

Never heard of the voiceID, it’s a while since I’ve rung them (probably well over a year now). The system has obviously been improved!

VoiceID is a system where your voice (and also everyone else’s voice, but shhhh…) is apparently your password. Security theatre at its finest!

2 Likes

It does seem to work well though. Me and my partner fail each other so it does work.

Clever thing is as well on outbound and inbound calls where the IVR security has been bypassed ( so you’re just through to an advisor ) the system will listen whilst you’re first talking to an advisor and it will verify you and pass through security whilst the call is connected.

I’m getting horrific flashbacks to calling HMRC.

”My voice is my password.”

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I’ve never felt uncomfortable.

I’ve always found Lloyds phone support to be great despite the sometimes long queues.

B Bank were excellent also, called up for a quick question and ended up chatting to the support agent for 15 mins about nothing to do with banking.

Never really felt uncomfortable with Lloyds. This is a first direct thing for me

1 Like

I don’t mind calling Barclays (it’s super useful calling them from within the app as it already confirms your identity so no need for security questions), but I find that Lloyds are useless on the phone.