Do any other apps do what Summary does?

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Does anybody know whether any other apps out there (e.g. Emma, Cleo, Yolt etc) do what Summary does i.e. let you deduct regular bills from your balance so you can see what is ‘safe to spend’?

I’ve spoken to quite a few people who want to do this (who I have of course told to switch to Monzo), and I would be amazed if none of these apps are doing it

Haven’t really tried it but from what I hear Emma would probably be the closest to what you’re looking for. Try it and see if it fits your needs.

1 Like

I haven’t found anything I’m happy with yet. I use my legacy account for all my bills and transfer enough money to that account each time I get paid to cover them. Set it as a standing order and never have to worry about it again. Maybe there’s a better way but I haven’t found it yet

I use Pennies

Thanks - more for friends than myself (I’m on Monzo!). I do have Emma and I like it, but it doesn’t seem to have this functionality yet, unless I’ve missed it

Yeah I think a lot of people do this, or else just resort to a spreadsheet.

Perhaps the better way is to switch over to #fullmonzo and use the Summary feature!

Yeah pennies is neat. Requires a fair bit of maintenance with keeping transactions up to date, but does the job nicely

My problem is that I get paid weekly so the summary doesn’t really relate to my finances that well. I have to split my bills up into weekly amounts and put say 25% of the monthly needed amount away each week. Hopefully Monzo can sort this in the future though :blush:

This might help in the meantime! https://twitter.com/monzo/status/1018886814164234241

1 Like