Dislike the green colour in the app

Care to answer my question then?

Nobody is obliged to answer your questions.

I also think that calling something “vile” isn’t constructive. The quality of topics is going downhill fast.

4 Likes

“I don’t think it fits with app, would be better if…”

“It’s a bit of a contrast”

“I’d prefer a darker colour/shallower gradient”

4 Likes

Like this? :thinking:

Not just “it’s vile’”

2 Likes

If you’re going to criticise something and I don’t understand the criticism it’s not much to ask for, or expect, as @Revels has now kindly done so.

But it’s funny you criticise the quality of the topic, whilst adding low value commentary that does nothing to add to add to the discussion.

Just jumping in before we go too off topic here :eyes:

I’ve amended the Topic title and can record the feedback here to feedback to our design team :pray:

3 Likes

To add to the existing feedback, I like the ‘vile’ green :slight_smile: it reminds me of mint choc chip ice cream, and now I want some :laughing:

The best ice cream! And now I do too! :angry:

Haven’t had mint choc chip in years, and I was actually just thinking about the other day! From those old style ice cream parlours you’d find by the beach in seaside towns. Was the best. :yum:

This green looks more of a pistachio to me though, and that’s the second worst ice cream.

It’s mostly @Peter_G’s fault that I’ve taken a disliking to it. I’d always prefer something neutral, but seeing how it clashes with the premium gradient and isn’t a mere extension of it is where the line is for me. I suppose I like a consistent and coherent theming, and this just feels out of place. Probably looks better for standard users I imagine, as there’s no premium or plus gradients to clash with it.

Amazing how my post was deleted just for saying the ‘Fanboys will be getting hot under the collar’ - and that is, apparently is abusive? Snowflake is probably a better description of those who fawn all over Monzo.

Just to let you know I have a Monzo Premium and Monzo Business account so hardly what, in modern parlance, can be called a hater.

I just pointed out the colour wasn’t my choice - crikey chaps get a grip!

1 Like

Never said it was abusive :joy: just an insult, whether people find that abusive is up to them. It didn’t bother me, but maybe contribute if you want :man_shrugging:t3:

Never called you a hater either. Have a good day with your Monzo account. :grinning:

Controversially, I don’t think it’s all green.

Do you have plus? Because that looks like the gradient that gets applied to some parts of the app if you have plus. It’s separate from the new green thing.

I do wonder if it’s meant to appear as an extension of it thats accidentally been applied to standard and premium users too, because it’s much less jarring with plus than it looks in Peter’s screenshot with premium.

Not really. Snowflake (and woke) are words that have been appropriated by the far right to be pejoratives.

I don’t see why there should be any specific word that describes people who fawn all over Monzo. If people feel that way about a product then it’s fine by me. I don’t feel the need to insult them because of it.

1 Like

It’s not necessarily the word itself, it’s the way you used it. As an ad hominem, to attack the posters, as opposed to the content of their posts.

That’s not in line with the community guidelines here, and is probably why folks flagged it.

If you disagree, you could ask a moderator like @AlanDoe to take a look.

As for your criticism, I agree with it, I don’t like it either and couldn’t think of a more constructive way to express that either. Your post about that hasn’t been hidden.

1 Like

Doubt you’d get many people caring, but you chose that stitching, and so isn’t a direct comparison. The comparison would be if you had the car, and then jaguar came along and decided instead of the current stitching they’d turned it to a different colour that you absolutely hated (but others liked).

As mentioned, no one cares about other people’s opinions, everyone’s entitled to them. I think people were more reactive due to the wording used in the OP. :person_shrugging:

Rip apart Monzo all you want, people will support you or not - based on their experience & feelings. But doing it in a way that’s unconstructive will get similar responses back :person_shrugging:

(Is it the F-Type SVR btw, or the newer F-Type R? :eyes: I have an F-Pace, and considering the SVR, so am curious if its worth the switch…)

I really find it rather odd that in the world live in (a horrendous war in Ukraine as a perfect example, the homeless etc. I can have a post removed for disliking a colour and calling the odd person a ‘fan boy’.

So if I have to be constructive about the colour (along with another also is not happy’ can I say ‘I am not a huge fan of the ‘new green type colour’?

As to the jag - F Type R Dynamic - just to annoy Thunberg, apparently, so no idea about EVs

There’s someone that keeps crawling back into the forum after being banned multiple times creating posts like this and causing a stir in the same manner…

Anyway.

You’ve said your bit, you don’t like green, move on :green_circle::green_square::green_heart:

4 Likes