Discontinuing status page SMS notifications in favour of @MonzoStatus on twitter

I was exaggerating but if it’s important enough to update twitter and put a banner in the app, would it not be possible to have an opt-in/opt-out notification option?

1 Like

I gotchu!

@Rika - Can monzo detect when he’s at work and only send service outages when he’s not?

2 Likes

Why doesn’t the Monzo app have a status page, and or send notifications? Not everyone has Twitter!

https://monzo.statuspage.io/incidents/5jxcmf8nblxz

1 Like

Guessing it’s pretty expensive

1 Like

I recall when Starling did this… quite the uproar.

Never understood why monzo wouldn’t just build their own status page? Look at the pricing page!

And then if they do all the alerts would be from the same contact number, instead of the 50 different ones that status page use.

2 Likes

COME ON DOWN TO /r/pitchforkemporium

WE GOT 'EM ALL!

Traditional Left Handed Fancy
—E Ǝ— —{
WE EVEN HAVE DISCOUNTED CLEARANCE FORKS!
33% off! 66% off! Manufacturer’s Defect!
—F —L —e

NEW IN STOCK. DIRECTLY FROM LIECHTENSTEIN. EUROPEAN MODELS!

The Euro The Pound The Lira
—€ —£ —₤

HAPPY LYNCHING!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Kidding!

2 Likes

Monzo update:

Can an ifttt be built to push a text message

This feels like something that should be in Rick and Morty… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Just set up an ifttt super easy not sure if there is a charge

Build notifications into the Monzo app!

I second this one. I don’t use Twitter, so at the moment I’ll need to set up an IFTTT. But would prefer it just an in app notification (perhaps just a banner of the tweet)

Did Starling just discontinue text messages? I thought the furore was because they didn’t use their status page properly and kept deleting issues once they’d been resolved?

3 Likes

Starling discounted there sms notifications ages ago from what I can recall.

You could be right. It was difficult to keep track of all of the criticism back then - continuous it was.

From my personal perspective as a “FullMonzo” customer, with all of my finances going through Monzo, I have found the SMS notifications very useful and will miss them.

I’m really not a fan of Twitter and don’t consider it a viable alternative.

Just my view :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

SMS is a push notification: if a message is sent, customers will receive it unless their phone is off or in a signal blackspot (in which case it will be delivered immediately three phone is back on).
Twitter is a pull notification: unless you visit the website, you would never even know the notice had been posted.

Unless “sign up for a social media company to track your usage and bombard you with adverts” is Monzo’s advice for receiving critical our-app-slash-infrastructure-is-down communications?

I have push notifications on for Twitter, and they’re fully customisable so you could turn off everything except tweets from @MonzoStatus and get the same effect. In theory you’d never need to go into the app itself once you’ve set that up if that’s all you’d want to use it for.

What makes a difference is you don’t get those notifications if you don’t have a data connection or your phone is off (I don’t think the notifications queue when your phone is off like SMS messages do).

Also, if you do use Twitter a lot (I do) the messages from MonzoStatus get drowned out by literally everything else.

2 Likes

That’s the problem: to receive push notifications from Twitter you need to:

• Install the app on your device and give it network permissions, and let it run in the background