Direct Debit issues?

Anyone else having an issue with Direct Debits (DD) this morning?
Amex are showing my DD as paid today, but my Monzo balance or transaction history have not reflected this.
I’ve raised it with Cops but they seem rather busy this morning, so I was curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Was the direct debit supposed to come out today?

EE mark a bill as paid as soon as they send the direct debit request, it’s very confusing.

Liam

1 Like

Actually after taking another look… It was marked to come out yesterday, not today according to the Amex app.
Amex states “Thank you, we received your payment on the 11/06/2018”.

The Direct Debit date was showing the 11th.
The way EE does it sounds confusing as the DD could still fail?

Normal card payments went through fine for me yesterday. Odd, I shall wait and see what Cops say :slight_smile:

Yup, and I’ve had that happen. You’ve then got to wait until EE are told this, during which time it still says paid.

Thankfully, EE don’t charge for a bounced direct debit and just retry it after a week.

1 Like

I had this with EE and it bugged the heck out of me. It was at a time I was locked out of online banking (pre-Monzo) so assumed the money was taken - luckily I didn’t spend the money I technically still owed EE.

1 Like

Result:

Appears Amex have decided to follow EE and pretend they’ve had payment. What a stupid system that is. Very confusing.

Hopefully it will come out in the next day or two. First time amex have done this. Normally they are spot on.

Thanks all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks that explains why my EE bill looks like it has been paid before it leaves my account.

2 Likes

With my legacy bank (Nationwide) I have 2 direct debits where this happens. I get a notification 2 business days before payment leaves account. They are Amex & PayPal.

1 Like

I’ve always had it after they’ve had the payment. Hence my confusion :man_shrugging:t3::joy:

Sky do that. On Sky app they thank me for my payment and it doesn’t come out til the next day. Don’t thank me til you have the money because I could still spend it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like