Not sure I would dig my heels in too much
- You have had, and used the energy @ £500 / year , that doesn’t seem to be in dispute.
- They have offered you £400 discount for their error , which makes it £300 / year , £600 total ,which seems like a good deal really
- You’ve had a years worth of energy for 100 quid in effect - you would I imagine be perfectly within your rights to request time to pay this amount - presumably they can charge you for the year anyway (12 months) so can charge you £500 whether they would give you time to pay this amount could be difficult if you turn difficult.
- You have both not realised you have not been billed for it so really its both of your mistakes
- Paying for the energy
3.1. You’re responsible for paying Bulb for your energy until this Agreement ends or until you stop using services provided by us, whichever is later.
- having glanced through the T and Cs
" * 3.20.3. We have the right to install a prepayment meter at your property under warrant from the Magistrates’ or Sheriff’s Court without requiring your permission if your energy remains unpaid.
- 3.20.4. We can temporarily suspend or permanently disconnect the supply without requiring your permission. "
this could potentially affect your credit score
" 10.1. We can refuse to supply you, suspend or disconnect your supply or tell you to stop using it if:
- 10.1.2 You haven’t paid your bill on time, and we will re-start it as soon as possible once the bill has been paid. "
" * 10.2. If we have had to suspend or disconnect the supply, we may choose to do checks with a credit reporting agency and ask for a security deposit before we re-start or re-connect it.
- 10.3. If we ask you, you must reimburse us for the cost of suspending or disconnecting the supply, as well as the cost for re-starting or re-connecting it. "