Deciphering the Teasers!

It might be US but interesting release by wire card today in the US? Coincidence in timing?
http://www.bankingtech.com/1043182/wirecard-in-mobile-wallet-integration-with-apple-pay-android-pay-and-samsung-pay/

As far as I know Wirecard is only used in the prepaid scheme so this has nothing to do with it.

6 Likes

My mistake was just wondering sorry!!

2 Likes

Tried Apple Pay just after midnight - no luck.

More likely to be Android Pay regardless. Excited to hear the announcement anyway - progress all good!

1 Like

Android pay isn’t working either… although you do get the active card check.

2 Likes

No luck on android pay either

2 Likes

OK @tristan… it’s been Tuesday for 10 minutes now… cough up!

:wink:

6 Likes

You joker, I was just reading this threat and thinking the exact same thing.

The hype is real… :joy:

So this is why he said not fitbit pay! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/10/24/fitbit-pay-arrives-uk-tiny-challenger-bank-starling/

5 Likes

I thought that was just a random joke!

That seems a very small audience… a pay system that only works on one startup bank, on a somewhat niche watch (£300 for a dedicated fitness watch isn’t going to be mass market anytime soon).

3 Likes

Additional payment functionality?

C65ECEAF-1A6E-4A87-A09C-047A2C4A9361

Would be a pretty small feature for so much teasing? :stuck_out_tongue:

That looks unchanged from before… plus this hyped feature apparently doesn’t require an app update.

We had that before? :open_mouth:

…I’ve only just found it! :confused:

I set up a weekly standing order 2 weeks ago so it’s not new.

Thanks for clarification.

This is what I like about the Monzo apps. They’re actually more complex than the simplicity of the interface suggests. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Couldn’t sleep, thought I’d try both apple pay and android pay, both failed, but on my Android pay attempt similar to @Dannytc I got an interesting push notification on my iPhone :smirk:

05F74D2F-748A-4729-BAA0-62610092E6A1

Google has always done this. Because I believe it adds the card to your google account when trying to add to Android Pay. Which triggers the Active card check before it even checks if your card is eligible!

2 Likes

Ahhhh that makes sense!! False alarm kids, false alarm.

What is this feature, it’s bugging me now.