Days visited on forum

Yeah, it certainly seems to not follow any easily discernible pattern

I have visited at multiple times of the day over several days and it is only today it has “corrected” itself

Traced my initial sign-up time to the forum. It was 1:58pm.
I’m still showing 6 days visited, so if my days visited changes to 7 at or after 1:58pm - the mystery is probably solved.

1 Like

I been on here for years :upside_down_face:

I’ve had a look behind the scenes and can’t seem to find any settings that would affect your timezone or ‘days visisted.’ :thinking:

1 Like

At 1:58pm today, I will have the evidence to reveal how it works*
mWhahahah:supervillain:

*or not

1 Like

** sets timer **

1 Like

Thank you very much for looking Richard

How very curious!

It’s been counting down for an hour already! #sad

2 Likes

This is edge of the seat stuff

3 Likes

6 minutes to go!!! :scream:

Well?!!

1 Like

discourse disproved distheory

Well, that’s that guess out the window… I’m still showing as 6 days and it is now after the time I initially joined the forum. Maybe there’s a programmed delay involved.

EDIT: except we don’t know how ‘live’ the stats page really is. Maybe it is updated at intervals

So many questions about a minor and irrelevant issue :male_detective:

5 Likes

Theory #99 - discourse uses UTC, so at 2:58pm BST (1:58pm UTC), my discourse ‘day’ should start.

3 Likes

Theory #104 - someone has spotted this thread and is sneakily resetting it back to a few hours just as its about to tick over to Day 7…

2 Likes

This is more plausible than my previous theories - and I’m still showing as visited for 6 days :grey_question:

Of course, one could just download the Discourse source and have a look at how it’s calculated…

(In other news, I’m one of two people that have 365 days visited in the year view… though it also shows I’m exceptionally stingy with my likes.)

2 Likes

I like this :point_up:

Back to the subject, I’m still on 6 days for whatever reason :angry:

Discourse, whatevs :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.