Dark Mode 🌘 [Check for app updates 🙏 ]

The Dark Mode gradient in Premium is beautiful. Well bloody done!

6 Likes

I can do this with a simple swipe from my Personal (Premium) account to my operating Joint Account.
From nicey-nicey gradient to simple-all-black in one swipe. Joint account disparity has some hidden perks.

Monzo Loan accounts also look ‘all-black’ too. A bit too black in fact.

1 Like

Nicely done, but I don’t think I’m ever going to understand dark mode. How is it actually useful? I get that it saves battery if it’s properly black on an OLED screen, but what else? Does a dark blue even help with battery? Still, if this is the sort of thing Monzo are spending time on, their finances must have significantly improved since their last set of accounts…

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It stops your eyes burning from the 1 trillion photons of light emitting from your phone screen in a dark room.

It’s not for everyone and that’s ok. It’s probably the last frequent app I use to have it, which is great.

2 Likes

I’m really happy with what Monzo have done! No complains from me! Bar the odd few tweets which is to be expected. It looks gorgeous especially with the plus and premium gradient

5 Likes

Another minor one:
When responding Yes or No for feedback on Monzo help pages, the thank you text is hard to read.

4 Likes

Not really, nowhere near as much as true black anyway. That’s why many of us would like that as an option. Maybe as part of the theme selector I suggested earlier? That would be my dream implementation.

As to why people use it: a lot of people just prefer the way it looks, or find it better to use at night when they don’t want to be looking at bright white interfaces. Does it actually improve sleep? Again, based on limited research, it doesn’t seem to. But anecdotally some think it is better for them personally.

2 Likes

Guilty as charged and I personally think that is good enough a reason alone for its existence

Making absolutely no judgements upon anyone here, but I would reckon the number of folk concerned with how much battery their banking app uses in the few minutes they use it a day is dwarfed by the number of folks who think it looks nicer or fits better with other apps

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but Monzo is quite the battery drain for a banking app, so taking advantage of the OLED would be quite the boon.

19 minutes of use in the last 24 hours (playing with dark mode and distributing Christmas cash) was enough to make the app responsible for 10% of my battery usage. Second only behind safari which is responsible for 66% but has almost 3 hours of screen time. Messages in third with 9% and 34 minutes of screen on time.

For me Monzo was 12 minutes and only 1% but most of that was background time. So might be worth fully killing the Monzo app when you have finished?

Was just about to report this!

Seconded on iOS.

1 Like

Purple mode is battery killer mode

I thought you’d turned it off because it hurt?

4 Likes

I have noticed similar… 1hr 33m on screen time (2m background) and it has taken 26% off my iP13 PM

2 Likes

That’s from yesterdays usage :wink:

Besides I’m repping this mode as my profile pic instead

Same, Monzo in last 10 days has used 2%… in the last 24 hours, 7%. The 7% is with 30 mins screen time and 2 mins background.
iPhone 13 Pro Max…

1 Like

Not just me then!

You really like to use Monzo

5 Likes

Maybe it’s higher from all the force closing and opening to see if it had launched?