Dark Mode 🌘 [Check for app updates 🙏 ]

I agree! I know some people didn’t like the purple look that was shown earlier but I prefer a little bit of colour :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hmmm, it wouldn’t work for me without doing it in the iOS settings.

I just want to try it out without having to change everything else

1 Like

I just turned it on in labs, killed the app and reopened it

Tada

5 Likes

Great job Monzo - the gradient (paid tiers) is class :heart:

Worth the wait? Definitely.

16 Likes

Just pop the system wide toggle in control center, try it out and then go back to light.

I have mine be automatic, so it goes to dark at sunset anyway

Yeah I seem to have to have system dark mode on to use it but I like to pick and choose which apps are and aren’t :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my garland, Christmas came early.

6 Likes

The gradient on transactions is a bit weird IMO

4 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t so sure but I think it’s something we will get used to

2 Likes

The square turns white now too, when swiping back, they thought of everything!!!

5 Likes

I’d be tempted to upgrade to premium just for the purple gradient, compared to the blue for Plus :eyes:

4 Likes

Now we want dark dark mode lol

5 Likes

Looks great guys I’m liking it!

Think the Flex box here needs updating though?

12 Likes

Night mode :new_moon:

2 Likes

Hmmmm reminds me a bit of the starling app.

2 Likes

I’ll keep my initial thoughts brief.

The home tab is a bit of a mess, mixing inversion with the approach of keeping the lightest elements the lightest. Same misstep Starling kept making throughout their app. But their’s was a bit more messy.

This issue’s root lies with the light theme, not the dark. The dark theme has been really well thought through, and it shows. But the light theme does now need a few tweaks on the home tab so the layers are consistent between the two, else the switch is initially quite jarring.

That’s really my only criticism. It looks nice, the contrast is mostly great, though perhaps some older iconography could do with updating. There are some minor oversights with some pot images and integrated banks blending in a bit too much with the background. My suggestion to fix the latter would be to update the drop shadow so it’s white, rather than black, like in the light theme.

Otherwise, it’s a pretty excellent, well-polished effort.

6 Likes

Looks good, although some of the cards blend in a little too well

2 Likes

I sadly dislike the approach. It’s been released a mess and it’s the same colour as cards that blend in. The lights don’t work with this theme and the dark is not dark it’s just barney mode.

Can we have a real dark mode? Not Barney mode?

Yeah I agree… although I like the idea behind it. Seems to be taking the top gradient colour from the logo.

Seeing this kind of wants me to make dark mode inspired pot icons!

2 Likes

Pretty sure you didn’t want it anyways :fu::rofl::rofl:

Looks good so far from what I’ve seen

1 Like