Dark Mode 🌘 [Check for app updates 🙏 ]

Yes, this did it for me when the “Theme” menu wasn’t there.

You’re missing this option:

(This is on iOS)

Them taking it out of labs completely broke the feature and lost the setting for everyone I know. Me included.

If force closing doesn’t work (didn’t for my brother), reinstall the app.

Good morning, apologies for the delay.

I’ve had a look and it does look a phased rollout, as with most implementations we want to make sure we get this right.

Please keep your app up to date with the latest version and this should be with you :soon:

I’m unable to give a timeframe on when this will be, hopefully not too much longer :pray:t3:

That can’t be right :man_facepalming:

This help article says it should be there https://monzo.com/help/app-help/switch-on-dark-mode-web it doesn’t say about a rollout…

I’ve had it dark mode since labs launch and only turned it off in labs because it was posted as fully released on socials. Seeing as I had the option in settings and the feature was released I thought I should turn off labs. It was then fine for weeks and now it’s stopped working with the theme setting vanishing.

If I message support could the labs option be turned back on?

3 Likes

I very much doubt it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that would be possible.

You’re free to reach out in chat to see if they can support any further with this, but the response may be the same until it’s rolled out fully.

Sorry I can’t help any further with this.

I miss the days when you’d have just leaked the timeframe. :frowning:

Maybe @Dan5 will tell us when!

2 Likes

There isn’t one from what I seen :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not sure of the timeline but I’ve flagged the issue with the team who are responsible for the rollout.

(Back to sleep now :joy:)

7 Likes

So further to the mystery if I go to help and search dark mode it says it’s available for “everyone”.

The link takes me to the theme settings but when I turn on dark mode the nab bar changes to dark only, and then on a force close of the app it is back in light mode.

Something strange here so will do a chat to CS.

Do you use dark mode normally for the rest of iOS? Does choosing the bottom option help?

1 Like

No. Using iOS dark mode and then device theme in Monzo app has the same results as just having dark mode enabled that I shared above.

Super Dan has raised this for you. :pray:t3:

2 Likes

The theme option is missing from the settings. So can no longer turn on dark mode.

I was using fine when it was in labs. When launched. I turned off in labs. And enabled in the themes menu.

All was good for a while, the when I upgraded to iOS 16. App went back to light and theme option and lab option both gone.

IOS 16.0.2
iPhone 11 Pro Max
Latest app version 4.48.0. Also tried in latest TestFlight version. 4.49.0

(The end few posts)

1 Like

Hey. This is currently in a phased rollout for everyone to have this eventually over the coming weeks.

As Revels posted above, there is a thread here to follow :relaxed:

It doesn’t seem like this is a staggered rollout issue as advised above as I had exactly the same problem. Live chat advised they have fixed something their end, so hopefully that means it might be fixed for you too.
If not I’d suggest to live chat Monzo for support

2 Likes

Unless it’s the classic IT support response of “turn it off and back on again” and they hope it has been resolved.

Is this working now at all?

If not, can you drop me a DM with the email address on your account and I can get this flagged up with our engineers :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks Dan, all working after their response for me.

1 Like