Customisable Apple Pay cards

We know you Monzo is capable of changing the colour of virtual cards in Apple Pay, how about allowing us to put images on them?

They’ve said it can’t be done if I remember correctly. As part of their licence agreement thingy they’re only allowed a certain number of card images.

5 Likes

People adding images to cards is only slightly below adding “Live Love Laugh” to your stairs.

11 Likes

People adding “Live Love Laugh” to stairs is only slightly below wearing a Santa hat.

I only found it a good idea because of: https://reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/rwm53e/upcoming_sydney_coming_soon_bank5ia_on_twitter/

2 Likes

I wouldn’t read too much into it yet!

It’s highly likely that by customisation they mean choose from these presets. Same sort of customisation as you have over the Monzo app icon.

Now Monzo probably could do that, and they sort of have anyway with the virtual cards. You can customise those and they reflect in Apple Pay!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Whoa!

Wearing a Santa hat while doing the traditional Xmas Eve walk to the pub is a given :santa:

I even wore one on the forum. Temporarily. Just Sayin’ @Revels 12 days

2 Likes

I might keep it all year now, just for @N26throwaway

5 Likes

That’s a very good point. No rules about avatar images and what they may, or may not, represent.
iDW_think

2 Likes

It’s a jailbreak thing so I suspect they can do any image but not because the bank allows it

You’re right, but having it built in would be the icing on the cake

How do Barclays personalised debit cards appear in Apple Pay? I know they are Visa so not sure if that affects it.

Magic

I expect they just show the bog standard Barclays debit card image

2 Likes

It’s sort of possible if you’re on iOS 16.1.2

Uses this app, needs side loading Release Beta 0.1 · c22dev/TrollBox · GitHub

This is proof of why this shouldn’t be allowed.

6 Likes

Agreed.

Also don’t know if I’d want jailbreak stuff rooting around near my financial info

2 Likes

It only edits the files stored in /var/mobile/Library/passes/Cards (you can do it manually the same way too), it’s not touching any financial info as it can’t.

I agree though, it can be dangerous

Here’s how it’s done manually for people who want to know

This makes me sad.

1 Like