✅ Custom Category Creation

It should be coming :soon:

I wouldnt say… seems to be very early stages at the moment

Do you use services that can offer custom category creation?

It seems to be the rule rather then an exception.

You might need to do some more reading up on it then :wink: That being said when Monzo say :soon: it could be next year :rofl:

I got the impression from hugos comment on the other thread that it was in the first stage of design but an idea hasnt even been decided yet (either custom or more categories)

To me that signals its months rather than weeks off :blush: therefore i think the use of :soon: is misleading.

Even if it used in the sarcastic monzo way we are all used to now :joy::joy:

Whilst custom categories would be great, as a developer myself I can understand that there would be a lot more work going into that compared the default categories.

However I think adding some more defaults would solve a lot of people’s problems and is relatively low hanging fruit.

Some categories I have been desiring recently.

• Gifts
  • Sport/liesure - costs me £8 every time I play 5 a side.
  • Takeaway
  • Pub
  • Coffee
1 Like

Yes!!! “Gift” is one of the main. Categories I am itching for!

1 Like

e.g. education, exercise, etc.

Personally this would just further exasperate the problem for me.

Id just continue to try and make your suggested new categories somehow fit to a category for my personal needs

1 Like

I agree about renaming categories. ‘Groceries’ isn’t something I would ever say, so would like to change

1 Like

Hi Monzo…

From reading posts I’m under the impression that the summary page is currently being updated, I was just wondering whether more categories will be added also? Gifts and Holidays would be really useful :raised_hands:t6:

Hey I’ve moved your posts to join an ongoing discussion regarding customer category’s. Hope that’s ok :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Making this feature request is the reason I have joined this community forum but it seems quite a few other people have beaten me to it! Like other people have said I find the current categories are quite limited. It would be great if we could create our own custom categories to enable more granularity when categorising transactions.

+1 from me for this suggestion!

4 Likes

Would love custom categories. I don’t understand what some of the current ones mean and would really benefit from setting my own. Would mean the difference between budgeting being handy to invaluable.

@hugo is there an update you could possibly share on this?

I would love to see More categories added.

Education

Housing

Charity

I’m having to make some spend fit, I would like more detail for my Budget.

1 Like

I would like to see the 2 categories part of the spending categories. Many people have charity causes as well as comitted medical spending which deserve its own category rather than being part of the general spending.

1 Like

Medical always goes into personal care for me

2 Likes

I agree, this is a big miss for me; budgeting-wise, I’ve always separated out charity and medical spending.

1 Like

id love to see school/kids and houshold