Curve chat

Something similar happened to me.

1 Like

My partner made a contactless payment the other day and it just asked for the pin no card.

Depends on which Google Pay is done.

It can ask for you to unlock your phone with pattern, pin, or biometrics and tap phone again.

Or it can ask you to confirm card pin, without second tap.

It depends on transaction amount, total spent, and last time Google Pay managed to refresh tokenized card.

New Curve feature: smart rules, seems to be based on amount and category at the moment.

If they got individual retailers that would be impressive!

4 Likes

That’s pretty smart indeed.

Emma has something similar for automatically creating manual transactions. The problems and limitations stem from the (low) quality of merchant/reference data, so it’ll be interesting to see how curve handle it.

1 Like

Curve won’t be relying on open banking data so presumably won’t have the same difficulties.

They’ll be relying on merchant data, which is not much better…

I forgot I had a curve flex application pending. I got accepted today with a bigger credit limit than Flex. It’s ashame it’s not as good as flex with the interest free bit :frowning:

1 Like

It says you get the full refund, does that mean it won’t collect the first payment for at least a month?

Edit: I found it.

1 Like

“Exclusive: Curve joins Klarna in mass jobs cut - AltFi”

1 Like

I am sure that will make the support all the better and faster :thinking:

3 Likes

Yeah it can’t be good whatever way you look at it. Then again it depends where the cuts were made.

Well its never good but it just depends on how much damage it has. I cant see it improving the terrible support and I dont know anyone that really thinks the support before was acceptable.
I fear Curve isnt doing well.

I think it’s betting on being a big hit in America if that doesn’t work or work fast enough then Curve is looking shaky.

P. S. Oh did you know that Curve is offering a credit card in America as opposed to our (Europe and UK) debit cards?

It makes sense for them to want to grab the biggest interchange fee possible but it makes the offering offered here look increasingly weak.

Where did you get that info from? Their US site advertises the same product as in the UK

The site doesn’t mention what it is they are offering. I’ve checked and it’s a credit card.

New metal card?

Quite nice

Curve has added smart rules (in beta), I currently have it set up like:

“If under £100, use Chase. If over £100, use Yonder”

It’s a bit buggy and they don’t support Amex, in an ideal world it’d be:

• Use monzo flex virtual card if category == travel
  • Use Amex (if not supported, go to next statement)
  • If under £100 use Chase
  • If over £100 use Yonder

I can dream!

2 Likes