Curve chat

Cheeky…

1 Like

Have they literally changed the name of Curve Credit to Flex after today?!

Cheeky.

4 Likes

Wtf

1 Like

Happy birthday! :birthday:

1 Like

I would contact support to ask but it may take several months to hope to get a reply… :smiley:

God imagine if you got into repayment problems and had to contact them to arrange a plan…

Curve just has so so many issues… this is before we get to random denies of purchases and dealing with refunds…

2 Likes

Gave up and just signed up to Twitter to send them a DM, let’s see if this is any quicker…

I bet if you reply to the above asking for support they will be in contact quick to try and help and get you to delete the tweet cause they ‘helped’

Someone asked them this and Curve’s reply is probably true. I doubt they came up with everything including the website to copy Monzo.

Their website - Curve Flex

3 Likes

Asked them on their new post about Flex, let’s see if they ignore.

1 Like

LOL I didnt expect them to be called out so fast.

Your probably right but as a web dev doing the changes to the site would take about 30 minutes, they even call still call it “credit” on parts of their site

The knowledge base articles about it were only made at the back of 4pm.
Like I want to believe them but it is curve, I would not expect them to not do this as an attempt to be funny. I wonder if the string in the app has been updated yet.

In fact they rushed it out so fast the wait list doesnt work. I am really thinking they literally renamed because of monzo, its trivial to do it and I wouldnt put it past them.

1 Like

Curve Credit was still in beta - perhaps they’d always planned for it to be called Flex and rushed it out when they realised that Monzo had beaten them to it?

3 Likes

It’s nothing but a marketing stunt. It’s completely doable in a day, unless i’m missing something it’s just page on a website and a rather annoying gif with text taken from Microsoft WordArt.

Anyone got Curve? i assume it’s just called credit in app? not flex?

They’re just trying to take advantage of Flex trending for their similar product

2 Likes

More importantly, that video makes it look like 3 months isn’t free :eyes:

Edit: I mean this gif on this page:

They might be, or they might have planned it for ages. “Flex” isn’t exactly a hard to come up with name for a flexible credit option.

2 Likes

OMG they’ve actually replied to my Twitter DM hahaha

1 Like

Yeah it looks like the APR goes up the longer you take and there is no free tier.

Curve have done these sorts of viral attempts in the past, the fact the knowledge base base articles were made at 4pm and the site still mentions “credit” makes me think it was very very hastily done.

4 Likes

A release summary is here - Curve Launches Flex - Turn Past Payments From Any Card Into Instalments. | Business Wire.

Viral or not, looks like they’re kinda committed to it.

Meanwhile, in Swindon, a lawyer is sharpening her pen…

3 Likes

I don’t buy this excuse personally. If Flex is such an obvious name, why has it never been used in this context before?

Flex, when you think about it, is actually a very very clever and effective branding name for something like this. Multiple meanings and all of them applicable to what this kind of product offers. I’d understand why someone would want to copy that, and I don’t think it’s that obvious a name to me.

2 Likes

Until who ever next launches a BNPL and they rebrand again :wink:
Wait until starling launches “scarfs” bnpl.

I am not sure why anyone would use it over monzo, it isnt free and you would have the hell of curve support if you have an issue.

2 Likes