Curve chat

Basic question: does Curve automatically send out replacement cards on expiry, does anyone know? Mine looks like it’s up for expiry at the end of the year.

I don’t know, and mine is also up for replacement soon.

I was going to start a new topic discussion card renewals and Fintech in general, as unlike traditional high street banks, they don’t often seem to be automatic?

1 Like

Yep a renewal will be sent out automatically.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on the best way to contact Curve?

Something’s gone a bit wrong across multiple transactions, so I started a chat through one of the transactions, but I can’t see where that lives or where replies will go to.

This sort of thing makes me nervous…

You can fill in the form there and they will reply over email.

I always found Twitter was best with curve, but I’ve not used them in a long time. Not much experience with in app chat and messaging to offer any reassurance or guidance on that front though, I’m afraid. :confused:

2 Likes

Response times are a bit rubbish at the minute, Twitter seems to be the best way of getting a speedier response.

Their forum has an increasingly-limited engagement from the actual team, it seems…

1 Like

Yeah they seem to be reliant on their version of Coral Crew to answer most of users questions.

I think “team” is perhaps over-egging it somewhat

The posts in this thread: https://community.curve.com/t/why-we-have-stopped-using-curve/25867

Sums my experiences with Curve, its a nice idea but poorly managed and implemented and it has become far far more trouble than its worth when dealing with refunds and chargebacks. The support sometimes reply eventually but often dont.

1 Like

They were amazing when I had a card pinched, but I gave up a couple of months later when I got double billed for something and they refused to refund me.

1 Like

Curve would be so much better if they could add some logic for attaching merchants and/or category to cards. Like Tesco payments go from this card, something else from this etc

5 Likes

I never thought of that, that’s an insane idea!

A Curve/Hyperjar mashup?

2 Likes

Something like it, but rather than switching between “pots/jars” you switch between (credit) cards benefits

1 Like

I could imagine this.

I think I would allow a it to work via a series of “smart rules” relating to the size of the transaction, merchant, currency, etc, plus a default card for if none of the rules are engaged.

It could be a great killer feature, as it would remove the need to select a card at all. Always want your Tesco shopping on your Tesco credit card, for example, and it could do it for you!

2 Likes

It has been a requested feature for a long time now but no updates as to if it will ever come just like Amex support. Also sadly I would have no confidence for it to work properly if it did come as almost all of curves launches are a dogs dinner. Hell they were giving out commercial cards to personal people for a while which no doubt led to increased revenue for them but extra charges if you bought train tickets/plane tickets etc as retails can and do charge a fee for commercial cards.

4 Likes

Yep there’s been some great features requested for a while but they never seem interested enough. Instead implementing silly things such as loyalty cards.

It really sucks, I think Curve has so much potential if they implemented rules and features from open banking such as showing the balances of added cards.

Even just the basics of getting support right is so hit or miss.

They’re launching an interest product which will hopefully earn them enough revenue to invest across the business.

1 Like

Does anyone know what happened to their lawsuit against Amex?

All silent, just like their statements about their finances.

3 Likes

1 Like