Curve chat

I think the fact they roll this out before even emailing their customers is discusting.

I pulled them up on doing this sort of stuff before when they changed the price of lounge access without notifying anyone and how it breaches both the FCA Code of business and their own terms and conditions.

They are required to give at least 60 days notice to any material change to an agreement and they just keep failing at doing this.

Glad I canceled the account now, I’ve never seen such a poorly run company. Not only do they make changes that keep eroding their ISP, in the manner they do it they will fall foul of FCA with this kinda behaviour. People in their forums are threatening to complain already.

2 Likes

Not satisfied with leaving that to chance, you’ll notice they’ve been actively encouraging their users to build credit card debt (on Twitter, presumably other social media…) for at least several days before announcing this.

They enabled you to do this by changing their ‘go back in time’ feature to allow you to move any transaction under £5000* in the last 90 days to another card (was previously 1k in the last week).

So basically, Curve’s (hopefully) last desparate shot at a sustainable business model is to exploit the current financial turmoil so many people are in by allowing their users to get into nasty debt cycles while they skim off 1.5%.

4 Likes

Not sure how big a deal this is, but I’ve had an email from Curve saying that they’re changing their card processor from Wirecard to bringing it in-house from the 28th June.

I assume that as an end user, I wont see any actual changes although last week they did have an outage.

1 Like

Not sure that’s what the email said, it’s changing the issuer to itself, not the processor.

1 Like

Ah - ok, not sure about the ‘nuance’ of all this.

Exciting news!

Curve is growing up and bringing its e-Money services in-house and moving away from Wirecard Card Solutions, your e-money issuer under the current terms. This change has no impact on how you currently use Curve, however we are required to inform you of this operational change which we expect will take effect 28 June 2020.

Please read the our updated Curve Terms that show Curve as the e-Money issuer (with Firm Reference Number 900926). If we don’t hear from you within the next 60 days, we assume you are happy to continue with us on our exciting journey and we will transfer your account to us.

What are the important things I need to know?

Even though the terms look slightly different, the way you use the product is the same. Your Curve card and the Curve OS platform will still work the same way. We have also taken the opportunity to clarify and make the language in the new terms easier to understand.

As we go through the process, we will make FAQs available to you on our website.

Looking forward to continuing to serve you as our customer.

A huge bump in the thread, but I noticed a couple days ago that Curve has started a US waitlist. After reading through this thread I’m not entirely sure I want to get on board, but it sounds interesting and I figure I’ll start with the free tier and see where it goes. I’m curious to see how they far they get with the US market. Things are different here, but it might be easier, rather than tougher, for them.

One market I see them appealing to here in the US: Churners.

Short explanation is, the rewards card market is a lot more competitive in the US than in most other countries, so there are a lot of people who sign up for one or a few cards at a time, spend enough to get the signup bonus, ditch the card, and move on to the next one(s). The ability to do that while only keeping one card with you that you don’t have to swap in and out, there’s definitely something to it.

2 Likes

I signed up for the free tier as I have a few different cards, I ended up investing a small amount as I found it very useful to just use one set of card details. The app is easy to use and does everything I need it to.

I have only ever had 1 refund, it took a few days to come through but there were no issues. I haven’t had to contact CS.

I use PayPal Credit for big purchases to smooth them out over 4 months @0% interest rate. Curve Credit looks interesting:

Now this looks interesting.

Why?

Because as I hinted, it’s something I’d likely use to my advantage given I already see benefits using PayPal Credit.

May not be interesting for you, but I can only speak for myself.

I’m not an investor in Curve, but this could be a promising revenue stream for them.

2 Likes

very helpful!

Just curious what people’s views are on this customers view on Curve metal terms?

1 Like

Curve have a long and distinguished history of playing fast and loose with following UK law with their T&C.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this was just the latest thing that their customers have raised with Curve - though Curve do ignore anything that seems not to suit them.

I dread to think of where they get their legal advice from.

I think they have set out a good argument, but then look a bit childish (for want of a better word) at the end.

@Zac_Curve, can Curve therefore fix the app urgently to allow the choice of 6 merchants to be changed at any time in order to comply with Curve’s T&Cs?

I’ve been a Metal subscriber for a few months now and just let it be - it was never claimed the retailers could be changed once selected.

From a consumer perspective, it would be a nice feature for sure but not a show stopper for me.

Same*, I always read it as you pick 6 and that’s it.

*not a metal subscriber, but agreeing with what you said

Does anyone know if Tesco & Sainsbury’s petrol stations are eligible for cashback, or is it only the shops?

Did anyone else just receive the investor update with the Ad space available page at the end :rofl:

2 Likes

I think that says more about Curve then any investor update ever could.

2 Likes