Curve chat

Is this to cover their legal costs against Amex?

7 Likes

I thought it might be that

April Fool’s surely?!

2 Likes

Yep it must be.

The camera angle changes so you don’t see the real chip and pin machine when he moves the AR card over the card reader. Therefore it is a recorded image on the phone screen and someone is using a physical card on the real machine to ‘make it work’.

The only way the chip and pin machine can connect at that range is through Bluetooth. At that point would AR really be worth it when you could press a button in-app instead.

A little bit early for a April Fool, 31st March though.

1 Like

Ping! I have mail:

Dear Peter,

Last week we notified you that your free trial of the new Curve Black will end today. Since then, we’ve received a lot of feedback and great ideas on how we can extend the Curve Black offering to you and our early adopters for free.

We took some of the feedback you gave us, and we are working on a way to give you access to the new Curve Black free of charge for an unlimited period of time. Exciting, right?!

For the time being, we are extending your free trial of the new Curve Black, so look out for an email from us in the coming weeks on how you can extend your Curve Black for free, forever.

Until then - keep spreading the love and help us grow using your unique referral code.

With a whole lotta love,
Team Curve

2 Likes

Huh, how did you get that?

Not had an email from them for ages and I’m on the Curve Legacy Black plan too.

1 Like

Just read on the Curve Community everyone is getting them, they’re being sent in batches

I got the email this morning. Interested to see what is developed.

I think I’m a bit done with Curve, tbh. Can never see myself subscribing to them, but won’t cancel it as long as it’s free and I get the legacy cash back.

Today’s email is significant, I reckon. Curve has had a troubled passage recently, starting with the Amex issues and the subsequent difficulties in restructuring the product to maintain customer interest.

The strength of feeling within the forum, echoing the frustrations around the various proposed redesign options, has again been acknowledged. (Not being an Amex user) I have high hopes for the Curve card. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

They’re certainly tenacious. And I do wish them well. I just can’t see where the revenue will come from, let alone the profit.

Hope they prove me wrong, though.

Blowed if I can either.

I wonder if their uniqueness will make them a good target for buy-out?

1 Like

I think that would be the only way out for them in the medium to long term. Still it’s fun to watch them at the moment. A bit like Rome burning while you watch.

I’d rather be on legacy black with the ‘curve rewards’.

1 Like

Woke up to two fraudulent transactions on my Curve this morning after misplacing my card

I contacted HSBC, which is the card I had selected in Curve, they couldn’t see any pending transactions…even though I’ve received two notifications from Curve

Is there a delay?

I’m not too sure about the delay, it’s probably on HSBCs end.

I would have thought Curve would be better to contact than HSBC so getting in contact with them is worth a try too.

Although their customer service is generally very slow.

As has been said, you need to deal with any fraudulent claims through Curve - they are nothing to do with HSBC.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice :+1:

I did of course contact Curve first as soon as I received the notifications

My question was around the delay and why HSBC couldn’t see the transactions

Tbf to them they emailed straight back :+1:

3 Likes

Newest version of the Curve app all has extended the cashback offering on their Black and Metal subscriptions.

You now get 1% back forever!

Pretty cool offering to be honest! Anyone still subscribed?

2 Likes