Curve chat

Do they change your cashback rate as well or it’s just the card colour only?

Cashback rate is a flag set on the server side, the color of the plastic doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Yes they do as the black card comes with a higher rate of cashback.

The black card is the pro card which currently comes with a one off 50 pounds charge to receive one. Some people seem to receive them by accident but it’s the exception rather than the rule, for the above reasons.

Sure Curve could set a flag on the server side but I really doubt they will be so anal after all it was their mistake in the first place.

What I meant is that the cashback rate is a server-side property that depends on which card you ordered during signup. The fact that some people got the wrong card color is most likely a clerical error made by the people who pack the cards for shipping, which doesn’t affect the cashback rate set on your account. :wink:

1 Like

Ah I understand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

From speaking to Curve, I’d be inclined to disagree (although your point makes perfect sense).

I was “accidentally” sent the black card, and I have all of the benefits of the black card.

5 Likes

I can confirm that I have a black card, despite not ordering or paying for one, and I recently made a transaction at B&Q with it, and received 3% cash back. I’ll keep an eye out on seeing if this will continue to be the case, but would also love to hear what others experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

In this case maybe it’s a bug in the software that for some reason believes you’ve got a black card, and thus instructs the people packing the card to send you the black one.

I received my black card by ordering one but I did not want the free wallet which they were offering for the same price and I spoke to customer service and they said for me to send the wallet back and I’ll get my 50 pounds refunded.

So they then sent out a card that I never received, so I contacted customer service and said to them instead of sending me the wallet just send me a card without one and issue a refund which is exactly what they did.

As part of Curve’s preparation to move to debit cards they stopped issuing blue cards and upgraded some users to the higher tier rewards as a promotion over the past few weeks.

Going forward, all new debit cards issued are black and the rewards programme is assigned according to the product selected by the customer (paid or free).

They are now issuing both consumer and business debit cards. Right now in terms of features, there is no difference between the personal and business cards. Further down the line there may be a difference in features for personal and business users.

If you are a business user you may be asked to provide proof of business spend in the future.

3 Likes

Do they actually issue debit cards yet? I got a prepaid one, which is a bit of a bummer, as some merchants don’t accept these.

they are just starting to roll customers over to them, but it is being done in phases rather than all at the same time. I should be receiving mine at the end of this week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to receiving mine eventually, then. Is there some source with more info somewhere?

not really…just comments from staff working there

OK, thanks. It’s a shame they are not more transparent…

For transparancy you can’t beat Monzo!

3 Likes

Likewise (I receive my card in the next few days) I wonder if I will be in the paid or the free group because of my situation above?

1 Like

Any way to check what tier you are on in the app for the cash back?

Not that I can see…

1 Like

I meant to sign up to try this last year but I forgot. Just signed up now and there are 49,000 people in the queue ahead of me??

My promo code is KATLW

Apparently if you sign up with my link I get moved up :wink: edit: and you will get a free £5 credit after your first spend!