Curve Feedback

(Joe) #1266

Hey, I had the exact same issue with adding Monzo card to Curve today. What fixed it for me was to choose ‘change card image’ on the curve app. Once I chose the red Monzo image I was able to verify the card with curve.

(Simon) #1267

Thank you. That fixed it :+1::+1::+1::+1:

(Simon) #1268

Curve seemed to have a moment though.
Guessing the random amount transaction will refund at some point.

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #1269

They’ve been very slow recently. I guess there’s been a lot of catching up to do

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #1270

I have 575 reward points. I’m right in thinking that’s £5.75 to spend, aren’t I? I can’t find anything in Curve help.

And I just have to set the reward card as the underlying card?

(Splodf) #1271

That’s right.

Yeah you just switch to it in app and spend away.

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #1272

Cool. Ta very much. :+1:

Use settle up or Monzo.me to pay it straight into your current account!

(Splodf) #1274

Does that work?

Tbh, I haven’t tried it with rewards for a while, because there haven’t been any :joy:, but Curve with settleup and monzo.me has worked just fine recently (since the Curve relaunch, for example).

There was a whole thread discussing Curve and settleup on the Starling forum - RIP. I’m surprised Starling hasn’t locked it down yet - Monzo radically tightened up the topup limits, for pretty obvious reasons, but Starling seems to have left it

Be careful with an underlying credit card though - some will treat the transactions as cash advances, eg Natwest, Tesco, possibly others

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #1277

Splendid idea!

Starling don’t allow you to top up by card now, I think the limits are reasonably low for settle up but doing so from a credit card would be treated as a cash advance now, since curve (rightly) were made to forward the merchant data. Definitely use the reward card to pay into your account though.

The settle up allowance is £250 per day, so pretty generous.

I have used Curve with MBNA, aqua, HSBC and Halifax credit cards for settle up over the last six months with no cash advance fees

Don’t be surprised to get a nasty surprise

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #1281

I can still top up by card.

(Marcel Ruhf) #1282

I think they only removed it for new customers.

Actually I can on my original personal account but not on my joint account. I think it was not made available to accounts opened after around August/september

Settle Up is effectively the same thing anyway - just use your own link

Yep, i never leave stuff lying around in rewards, always shift it via Monzo.me