Curve Feedback

(Kevyn) #1246

Did we receive notification of the change of terms and conditions? Don’t companies have to give 2 months notice, or is that just banks? Also the privacy policy isn’t in date yet if accurate.

1 Like

They also sated July 2019 for the consent you gave :joy:

1 Like

The replies are so riddled with errors, I’ve started to miss the obvious ones…

0 Likes

I don’t remember accepting updated terms, so maybe something to follow up on too

0 Likes

(Kolok) #1250

Just because you consented doesn’t mean they are legal, companies seem to think adding whatever clause and you clicking ok makes it enforceable.

I think forcing blanket consent breaches gdpr , read here the first few paragraphs, and the example further down is also good

Also consent is invalid section of article.

the consent was bundled up with other terms and conditions

1 Like

It’s one thing to provide necessary data to third parties to provide you with the services you’ve subscribed to with Curve. It’s a different thing to subscribe you to services without your knowledge or any advance notice

2 Likes

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #1252

I think what happened to me was I opened the app one day, and it whirred through an update, and I was on the subscription model. No conscious acceptance of anything. Does that ring a bell for anyone else?

1 Like

That’s definitely how I remember it.
Even if there were updated terms, there definitely wasn’t a specific request to accept the insurance, I’m sure

2 Likes

(Splodf) #1254

Looks like Curve Rewards are back in the latest update.

0 Likes

I suppose it’s their easiest way to compensate customers :joy:

0 Likes

(Micky) #1256

I dusted off my Curve card thinking they had Amex support once again but seems it was quickly removed after being added. Curve without Amex support is just pointless to me. I have 4 cards I use and the main one is Amex

1 Like

(lewis oconnor) #1257

I’ve just a transaction on my Monzo account from curve to skiddle, who I used in December and that transaction went through fine, this new transaction is for a few pence more but doesn’t show on curve it’s self… not sure who I need to contact :sweat: Monzo or curve

0 Likes

(Marcel Ruhf) #1258

Give it a few hours and will show up. It’s a known issue on Curve’s side which sometimes causes delayed transaction notifications over the weekend.

1 Like

(lewis oconnor) #1259

I haven’t made the payment to the company that’s the issue

0 Likes

(Marcel Ruhf) #1260

Oh so Curve or the company double-charged you? I’d first contact Curve.

0 Likes

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #1261

I’d start with skiddle. If they’ve no valuable input, then move on to Curve, then Monzo. That’s the direction a genuine transaction would go.

1 Like

(Alexandre Leal da Silva) #1262

Is it normal that the ATM is asking me for a six or seven digit personal number when i insert the card? I didn’t withdrawl any money but it seemed it accepted any number i throwed at it, no PIN asked.
And is it true that witdrawals and payments are recognized by my bank as cash advances?

0 Likes

For the PIN you can just introduce the 4 digits and press to confirm, ignore the other spaces.

As for the cash advance question, it obviously only applies when talking about credit cards and depends on the issuer. For my credit cards, which are all Portuguese, some of them will not recognise it as cash advance but even those who will do not trigger any cash advance fees, so there’s no downside with withdrawing from them using Curve.

Even with revolut, Curve withdrawals don’t count to Revolut’s withdrawal limit

0 Likes

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #1264

If you mean cash advances against credit cards, I believe that your card issuer will treat Curve ATM withdrawals as cash advances.

2 Likes

(Simon) #1265

Anyone have an issue with support?
I tried to close my account twice and had very limited response.
I’ve decided to keep my account open now (guess I’m lucky they didn’t respond).
However now I can’t add my Monzo card I can add other cards but when I get to Monzo it gets all the way to verify and update but the button is greyed out.
I haven’t received a response from support just emails saying they are sorry it’s taking so long to reply.
Just asking to see if anyone is having similar issues.

1 Like