Curve Feedback

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/typographical%20error

(Graham - Mental health professional) #1227

I agree @danmullen, that particular iteration of the word doesn’t, although, of course, placed at the beginning of a sentence, it would. Also if you’d named your dog it.

(…and I agree with @MRMR, it’s a Typo…:rofl:).

Graham Pendant of Longbridge

(Matt Jones) #1228

The €25 chargeback fee or similar is levied to the card acquirer (processor) and not the issuer (although some banks do both). The acquirer usually has in their contract with a merchant to pass these items on in some way.

Do you have sources on that? It seems you’re mixing things up, one thing is the charges to the acquirer bank, that are usually passed on to the merchant and which are then paid back to the issuer as a “reimbursement”. It’s still left to be known what are those charges the issuer has to support, which are charged by MC/Visa

(Matt Jones) #1230

I work in the payments industry. But take your point that issuers are debited/credited also, but this is a fairly new development, and the rules have been changing over time - there was a point a few years back when acquirers were only charged for non-secure CNP chargebacks rather than every one. Some acquirers pass the admin costs - the fee from the scheme - of a chargeback to the merchant regardless of whether they win or lose (due to the fact that either way there is an admin cost in managing and responding to the chargeback). Only a small percentage of cases go to arbitration, and usually the acquirer will want to feel confident in winning the case before going down that route.

I understand Curve are basically saying that they don’t want to incur the admin fee with the schemes therefore might as well just reimburse below £30, but the challenge Curve may have with this policy is that customers may be more likely to claim for these lower amounts, as there will be less of a burden of proof.

Curve seems to be careful in imposing the same burden of proof even if they don’t proceed to open a dispute for lower amounts. I don’t think the merchant/acquirer costs are all that relevant here given that we’re discussing costs from a client’s perspective. If we were to discuss the whole process from a merchant’s perspective there would be a whole lot more to talk about certainly

Small improvement to Amex insurance announced on my latest statement

On 30March 2019, we will introduce a small improvement to the insurance that is offered with your American Express Card by removing the following exclusions from the purchase protection cover: i. theft of or damage to items inside a vehicle; and ii. theft of electronic items and equipment. Apart from this change, the benefits and exclusions will continue unchanged and you will be able to find the updated Insurance Terms and Conditions from 30 March 2019 at:www.americanexpress.com/uk/insuranceportal

It makes Curve insurance just a bit less valuable…

Just to update on this - my Amex has now been charged. Transaction date listed as the date of the original transaction.

On a different note, are you getting immediate notifications? Mine seem to be about 2 hours late…

(Marcel Ruhf) #1235

Mine are always delayed, it’s annoying. They have been aware of this since December and still haven’t fixed it, so I’ve effectively stopped using Curve.

Just one more thing on the list of features they’ve broken then :pensive:

Sometimes it can take an hour and if I open the app in the meanwhile the notification will never show up

Ha! I thought I was going crazy, but I think the same thing is happening to me

Bad

Has anybody noticed the way to select a card has been reduced to only this one option?

We used to have the option to select from a grid not just that option above

It’s rather annoying

(l8n.me) #1240

I seem to remember that because the grid option was quite popular with people who asked for it back on the curve community Marie suggested it would be returning in a future update. Given their issues that have arisen since i’m not sure how much of a priority bringing it back is, but we can hope.

Edit:

(Chinedu Umeh) #1241

They removed it but said it will come back in a future update

Ah that’s a shame

Hope it comes back

(Splodf) #1243

Did Curve give an update as to when the reward card is coming back?

I quite fancy my free lunches.

You’re going to be pretty hungry then!

For what it’s worth, I haven’t confirmed my DOB or address and my current card is still working fine. I wonder if the response from CS was just a kind of empty threat.

This is the response now to my complaint about being put on the new Black with insurance without proper consent

We investigated these matters for you and can confirm that you were moved to the new Curve subscription model as of January 28, 2019.

You have also agreed to the terms of our Privacy Policy that, version dated July, 2019 that states in Section 10: “We may provide you integrations with third-party providers and we may share your personal data with them to provide you these services.”

As per this, Curve provided your identity details to AXA in order to create an AXA insurance policy which is part of the Curve Black services from the 28th of January, 2019. We can confirm that the use of AXA’s insurance policy issued through Curve will not invalidate your other insurance policies and the terms and conditions contain further information on this.

It seems like very shaky logic to me. Have I now given Curve blanket consent to pass on my details to every third party they use for services under their subscription model?!

It’s also not much consolation that any other policy was not invalidated if it was still potentially conflicting and could have held up a claim.

The “resolution” was to grandfather me or downgrade me to Blue, but I switched to Blue a number of days ago :joy:

I get the impression their COps don’t see the whole ticket history. If they do, they don’t look at it, even for a complaint