Curve chat

It may be a time limited thing, I can confirm the wallet did arrive with this offer.

Not true as I managed to sweet talk them into honouring the free black card for me even though I am a long time customer with them.

I can confirm someone I know has had the account for a year or more. He “just asked” CS about this code and got upgraded.

1 Like

See, I’m not sure it is an “upgrade.” You only get instant cashback on 6 merchants for 3 months, then its back to no cashback.

If you have free curve before February 18, you get instant cashback with selected retailers unlimited! I wouldn’t want to lose that and “pay” £50.

1 Like

Nope that depends on when they had an account. There is a difference between Curve Rewards and Curve Cashback.

No matter when you update it’s counted on when you first opened the account as a free or paid customer.

That’s what I’ve explained!

Then you added this

What?

I would have to pay £50 and I would lose instant cashback and have no cashback after 3 months.

No no no. Did you have an account before the February 18th? (Free or paid) If so you are still on the better offer (Curve Rewards) even if you do upgrade no matter when you upgrade. If not then no.

:man_facepalming:t4: You’re actually agreeing with me.

I’m saying the upgrade is a bad thing, long term, for me. But lets just leave this here, its getting silly.

No not at all. You don’t lose what you already have, so when you said you’ll lose your instant cashback that’s definitely fake news. Your comment that you’ll have no cashback after 90 days is also fake news but whatever, you do you. :+1:

I’ll include the below for you.

Screenshot_20181112-005400 Screenshot_20181112-005032
Screenshot_20181112-045743

1 Like

My wife used your code to sign up to the black card with the wallet… (due to a comment on here saying it worked).

She was charged £50… oops.

A few messages to CS (which took 5 days to respond), and she was told that the code was for the Black card only, not the wallet… But as it had taken them so long to respond, they’d refund it.

I’ve never found Curve CS to be particularly good to be honest - It’s one of the reasons I don’t use it often.

The wallet is nice enough though!

1 Like

Yikes. I think the take home here is that Curve promotions and cashback are a confusing mess!

My friend got the Curve Black and wallet and hasn’t been charged £50 as a brand new customer using that particular code.

I got charged the £50 as well - CS confirmed the code should have been for the Black Card only and not the wallet - but in my case (despite an even longer 7 day wait for a response) they’ve refunded me half the charge (£25) with the other half conditional upon me posting back the wallet to them!

Seems like a very unprofessional way to do business - easy decision for me to cancel everything with them and not touch them again…

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how did you get charged? Did they take the payment from the first connected card?

Once you enter the code, it should not allow you to choose the wallet, without telling you it will charge you. I agree, seems a very unprofessional way to do things, especially when others have got the wallet without charge.

I can’t comment on the sign up process, as my wife did it (as a new customer).

But yeah, it was the first connected card that got charged the £50.

1 Like

Yeah it was the first connected card that got charged - the annoying thing is i selected the black card and wallet from the options then applied the code - and it said code applied successfully… if it was only for the black card - it should have stopped me applying the code to the selection i had made…

1 Like

I believe this is the same thing that happened to my wife.

We sent through numerous questions along the lines of, “please refund/cancel the wallet, and send out the black card - Or cancel it altogether if the code is no longer valid”.

However… Curve sent the wallet/card out instantly (credit to them for that) - But they didn’t respond to the emails at all (boo).

The only reason I’m not moaning too much is because they gave me the full refund and told me to keep the wallet.

1 Like

I 100% agree! This is very poor customer service as it is clearly an error on their part in accepting the code.

@JackO can I ask, did you get charged?

Yes turns out I did. I’ve contacted them and they’re telling me to send back the wallet and keep the card and they’re refunded half the amount until I’ve sent it back to them.

I agree there was no way of telling that we would be charged, it was a very badly run promotion.

It’s quite annoying, but I can’t really be bothered to argue with them.

1 Like